Trump denies promising $1M to Elizabeth Warren's charity pick if DNA test proved Native American ancestry

My understanding is that contributions to charity are one of the few types of contracts that can be enforced without a “consideration.”

Here’s hoping that he gets his chance during the presidential debates for the 2020 election.

4 Likes

I won’t link to is, because then I’d have to shower again today, but here’s Fox:

6 Likes

Stephen Miller ate glue as a kid.

Brett Kavanaugh raped high school girls as a kid.

19 Likes

Trump is both the nutshell and the nut contained therein.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping he’s out before then.

10 Likes

Amen, and say it again, louder.

12 Likes

Why is she even dignifying him with a discussion? His slurs have only one function which is to drag the other person into this game of his.

4 Likes

Hmm. “link could be stronger” is what constitutes “slammed” these days?

1 Like

He had his fingers crossed behind his back when he said it, so obviously it doesn’t count.
Trumplestiltskin, you are a lying sack of shit.

2 Likes

Trump is just the most recent of a long line of American presidents shirking on their deals and breaking their promises to the native Americans.

1 Like
7 Likes

7 Likes
  1. Speaking as an Aboriginal myself who’s family had to fight through a bunch of stupid, incredibly draconian white tape to prove our status to the satisfaction of the Ontario government just because one of my ancestors had the gall to expire before getting their status card - if you think this sort of stuff doesn’t also warrant a conversation about cultural appropriation - you haven’t been paying attention.

2. In reference to #1, but also generally, argue what you wish, but do so while respecting your discussion partners. If you can’t do that, don’t post.

Thank you.

17 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Aboriginal ancestry

Given the broad implications of this topic and the discussion taking place, please keep discussions of what constitutes Aboriginal ancestry to the following topic:

Thanks.

7 Likes

Yeah, like allies that load the gun with the rounds facing backward.

Breitbart has run 10 Elizabeth Warren DNA posts today, so far.

13 Likes

You’re confusing ancestry with tribal membership eligibility.

7 Likes

I am confused. I have not seen any reporting that Warren claimed to be a Native American, but that she had an ancestor who was. She was challenged to prove it, and did. And this is somehow wrong? I would think denying that ancestry would be more problematic. I don’t understand the outrage.

5 Likes