Trump denounces racism

I hope you’re right. I think the only thing that would get the Nazis to disavow Trump is if he finds some decency and competence.

Fyi, you’re still talking to the same person as you were earlier.

That said; I hope I’m right too, something’s gotta give - this entire situation is not sustainable, and the longer it’s dragged out, the more likely it is that some of of the damage being done to our civilization will be irreparable.

3 Likes

I’ve been reading Boing Boing for 18 years, and will likely continue to do so. Partly from habit, partly because it has a history of excellent articles in multiple areas (tech, science, pop culture, even politics). Is it actually surprising I’d comment if I think that history is being let down by misrepresentation of facts in one of those areas? On a website that often posts articles arguing in FAVOR of fact based legislation on issues such as environment and drug policy?

People (with some evident prolific exceptions) don’t generally feel a need to post when things are being done well. But yeah, maybe I’ve been convinced the BBS isn’t adding positive value to the site for me. But its a relatively new addition by my perspective, so I should probably give it a chance for a few more years. It also seems the non-article-comment sections of the BBS have good content.

2 Likes

Since this and your post are bound to be deleted within minutes, I’ll share my conclusion for whatever it’s worth. If you look at the commenters above, it was really only 1 or 2 that were re-enforcing the echo chamber. So don’t lose faith, I think this is still, in general, a place to freely share ideas. Your treatment in this thread notwithstanding.

Why would that comment get deleted?

Nothing in it insulted anyone or broke the code of conduct.

4 Likes

I see no reason why a cool, non-accusatory, non-disparaging answer to admin’s direct question would be taken down.

1 Like

So I am curious now… do you have access to THE LIST?

6 Likes

I feel it’s really too late. I feel so sad for my younger relatives and friends, and a bit guilty about this shitty world we’re leaving them. :cry:

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure the List was Rob’s thing, and that he doesn’t actually bother to update it.

Can you imagine how long that thing would be if he did???

I sincerely hope it’s not.

4 Likes

That is a Mike Mitchell original!

p.s. there are pins.

1 Like

Also, it turns out Obama was born on U.S. soil.

5 Likes

One of the coolest things about signed languages is their use of spatial grammar. It is possible to sign a complicated phrase, “grab” it and place it somewhere, then refer back to that phrase just by pointing to that location.

5 Likes

I think Mark is the current keeper. :wink:

5 Likes

As a follow-up, Vox just published this depressing-as-fuck series of interviews confirming how turnips conflate any civil rights protests as equal to neo-nazis. I listen to local talk radio in a southern state and its a relatively chill station (as talk radio goes) and still, these comments are no surprise to me.

4 Likes

ned-stark-facepalm

7 Likes

Ask, and receive:

2 Likes

Well I meant more in the sense of if he could edit it…

1 Like

Oh, I see…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.