Trump diverts millions from FEMA for ICE detentions, calls Puerto Rico "unsung success"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/12/trump-diverts-millions-from-fe.html

4 Likes

CreativeScaredAnkolewatusi-size_restricted

18 Likes

Speaking as a North Carolinian, I don’t think most people here know that Puerto Ricans are American citizens.

38 Likes

We can replace every Trump headline with, “Trump’s words and actions confirm: he hates brown people.”

29 Likes

I hope that trumps grave is paved over because lots of Georgians, Carolinians and Virginians will be dancing on it.

And the rest of the world of course.

(Edited to add Georgians as the current path shows the eye heading to Atlanta.)

5 Likes

Speaking as another North Carolinian, I’m sad to say you are most probably correct.

4 Likes

Also: “Trump doesn’t know anything, and is going to make everything worse.”

10 Likes

Are folks in North Carolina mostly white? They’ll be fine, then.

2 Likes

Nope.

Maybe it’s an unsung success because all the singers died, eh Mr. Trump?

6 Likes

More than paving over it, they’re going to need to install good drainage around his grave I think.

I already feel bad for the caretakers at whatever cemetery they bury him in.

7 Likes

tumblr_pewaf3MArJ1tiqslu_540

7 Likes

It is a good illustration of the level of effort that goes into planning into the future. I feel bad for the Carolinas, FEMA always struggles especially hard under Republican presidents and their incompetent appointees.

1 Like

“Florence’s predicted path means trouble for some of the poorest communities in eastern North Carolina and South Carolina, said Susan Cutter, director of the Hazards and Vulnerability Research Institute at the University of South Carolina. Dozens of poor black communities like Princeville across the region will have a harder time coping with Florence “partly because of the historic inequality that was there,” she said.”

These are the people who will be forgotten when FEMA diverts money to rich white coastal inhabitants.

11 Likes

Wow. Do you think this would qualify as an attack on american citizenry?

Through callous disregard, orange hitler may very well have killed more people than the trade tower attacks in the early 2000’s. Wow.

11 Likes

Given that he doesn’t read, building a library forȾrump after his term seems inappropriate. A mixed use space- part ballroom, part mausoleum, part public bathroom, part cesspit would work better. Something like this, with a faux-gold leaf finish on the urinal. When he finally croaks, we’ll chuck him in the pit and let him marinate.
Mixed%20use%20memorial

8 Likes

Me thinks he’s missing the point. Money was moved from an organization designed to help people in desperate need to an organization that terrorizes families by stealing their children and or storing them in tents.

16 Likes

It’s just a pity that much of the island couldn’t see what a wonderful job he was doing on TV because they spent a year waiting for their electricity to be restored.

22 Likes

Those would be all the planning, preparation, stockpiling of resources, ready to move when something like a hurricane response is needed.

He’s not missing the point, he’s just lying.

9 Likes

5 Likes

Don’t forget, he’s not just a racist. He also has utter contempt for the poor, no matter what color they are.

But never forget! His building is now the tallest. Even though it’s not; it is. And that’s the most important thing to take away from any tragedy.

Also, he’s not done yet. There are plenty more people that are going to die before this is over. As long as they keep their blood off his floors, everything will be just fine.

14 Likes