Trump enraged that McConnell won't 'protect' him from Russia investigations: NYT

The last time people started banging on about a scrap of paper, it didn’t work out so great.

4 Likes

How odd. Most people jump at the chance to set themselves up for an obstruction of justice charge.

4 Likes

Behind the scenes he’s installing about 100 ultra-conservative federal judges that the republicans filibustered under Obama. And there is the Paris climate accord. And also Jeff Sessions rolling back police accountability. Trump’s doing a lot to wreck the country.

8 Likes

I’m worried that Trump will get us all incinerated.

The Missus is worried that he’ll be forced out (or force himself out), and we’ll be left with Pence. She believes Pence will get things done in all the wrong ways.

Hard to know which to hope for.

7 Likes

So, as I predicted, the Republican party is finally turning on Trump.

He was a useful idiot (they thought) for a while, then just an idiot, and now a dangerous idiot. Nobody wants their names associated with his brand of crazy, and they’re genuinely worried about their seats in the upcoming election.

I doubt they’ll actually impeach, though; maybe they’re hoping he’ll just quit on his own? Either way, it’s up to the Dems to keep the pressure on and beat each R over the head with how they aided and abetted Trump, then tried to pretend like they were all super-secretly against him from the start, no foolin’!

8 Likes

Now now, that would be cruel. At least give them a decent amount of food.

Trump brand steaks, of course, all they can eat. That’s something Mexico might actually pay for.

2 Likes

It’s comforting to know that our president and the leader of the dominant political party he’s from spend time on the phone screaming at one another, each hoping the other will implode.

IP73r

2 Likes

The Missus has the right mindset. If Pence gains the presidency, the legislature will be so relieved to be rid of Trump that they’ll eagerly support every single thing Pence suggests: and that basically means Christian Sharia.

The very best we can hope for is four years of bumbling chaos.

5 Likes

What the fuck do you people have against turtles/tortoises?

The insults in this thread…

10 Likes

I expect that if Cheetolini goes down because of Russia, the fallout will be enough to hobble the republicans at least through the 2020 election. If we are lucky, democrats will retake enough seats in congress in 2018 to put them in enough of a majority to act as another brake on right-wing idiocy.

It might be a different story if he resigns well before the russia investigation is made public, because even if he is criminally prosecuted after the resignation, that could be enough distance for the republicans to pretend they weren’t complicit. I doubt he will resign though, at least not without some sort of way to pretend he “won.” Maybe Sarah Palin can give him some advice.

3 Likes

“Protect me Mitch McConnell, you’re my only hope!”

6 Likes

5 Likes

6VbP5la

7 Likes

Yes, I think it’s exactly like this as well.
The sooner we remove this orange abomination, the better.

1 Like

Trump needs to steer clear of Palin. Where was that bridge really supposed to go? Russia?
Perhaps it’s a metaphor, and she was in fact the Peterburgian Candidate.

1 Like

his one redeeming quality is his legendary incompetence

The Trump presidency summed up in few enough words for an epitaph.

5 Likes

Russia isn’t going to bring him down. He could personally rape, murder, and eat a baby live on FOX News and 25% of the country would still stand behind him with another 15% mumbling something about broadcast standards.

The ONLY thing that’s going to work is if the economy crashes badly enough that the red states literally start starving, while the Democrats keep hammering into the public that the Republicans control all three branches of government and can do literally anything they want. What we need is for the GOP to eliminate food stamps and Medicaid completely while making a big show of how much it will “save the budget”. THAT will do it.

And hopefully, by then we will have enough actual progressives infiltrating the Democratic party that once they’re swept in, they don’t just stand around with their thumbs up their asses while the country burns.

5 Likes

Some one BB had mentioned maybe placing the President and his family under house arrest to save money. I’d go one further, and put them all together on an island and televise it… or better still, don’t televise it.

4 Likes

I bet Trump wasn’t as coherent as Tom Cruise.

2 Likes

If he has Pennsylvania Avenue renamed Putinskaya Ulitsa do you think they would notice?