Trump exposes National Parks to oil company drilling

These two things aren’t mutually exclusive.

What does that really matter though? The Republican party today is a much different beast than in 1916. Roosevelt may have been a Republican, but Woodrow Wilson, another founder, was a Democrat.[quote=“Brainspore, post:19, topic:99531”]

Lots of ordinary Republicans
[/quote]

What even is an ordinary Republican these days? These people voted for a guy who said he would open parks to drilling during his campaign.

1 Like

Totally agree. It should not be that easy.

You can’t win elections (even on a technicality) with a “voter base” made up of the top 0.01%.

LOL, so Americans who have been chewing their way through resources for the last century and a half regardless of political stripe aren’t the threat? National Parks are the straw that somehow broke the camel’s back though. We have royally fucked this planet’s climate system, and at this point there isn’t much that Trump et al. can do to make it worse.

Last I checked, the US wasn’t in flames. The Trump administration might be hapless, but even they haven’t managed to overcome the bureaucracy, a stabilizing force in every democracy.

1 Like

Are you really saying that all those working class white male voters in the midwest abhor the idea of drilling in National Parks? Even if they don’t particularly like it, I can’t see them getting up in arms about it.

1 Like

I’m saying they aren’t the force behind this move, so it’s probably inaccurate to describe it as a populist gesture to appease his “base.” Trump is just as happy to screw them over as anyone else.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.