Trump fires John Bolton's moustache

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/10/trump-fires-john-bolton.html

10 Likes

Can’t say I’ll be sorry to see him go, or feel sorry for him no matter how it happened. True, Dr. T could hire someone even worse, but he’d really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for that.

13 Likes

ETA of course the question is who will be the replacement?

23 Likes

Stuff like this makes me feel better that the president is just incompetent, and doesn’t have some over-arching plan to do something nefarious. I mean if he wanted to push the nation to being very hawkish etc Bolton was you guy.

20 Likes

Is he going to attempt to hire Wilford Brimley, Jamie Hyneman or Top from Dragon Ball to replace him?

13 Likes

And the prospect of another war has just decreased slightly.

45 was bad enough without someone in his inner circle constantly encouraging an invasion of Iran.

22 Likes

“I disagreed with him so I fired him”

I guess he only wants advisors who tell him things he’s already thought of?

21 Likes

I would watch that panel show.

It could be called “The Harrumphs”

7 Likes

Wasn’t Bolton already his bottom-of-barrell pick? I have a feeling the next nominee to fill the role of National Security Advisor will be a broom handle with a pair of googly eyes glued to it.

18 Likes

26 Likes

Disagreement? I bet it was this one…

But seriously, I’m sure Trump was like “John, John, you keep talking about this Iran thing, but what I don’t see is how any of this makes me any monnnnneeeeee” Oh well, unless Bolton either set up, or cancelled the Camp David Taliban meeting…

11 Likes

If only Gorka weren’t so busy hawking fish oil pills!

Jebus help me but I’m going to defend a decision of Donald Trump. Firing someone who is only offering batshit crazy advice that would plunge the world into war is probably a sensible thing to do.

14 Likes

I am glad he’s left. War hawks always scare me.

But I will miss his mustache. It is … magnificent.

9 Likes

Bolton free to resume his career as a think tank whore.

6 Likes

Yeah, Trump is no hawk, nor is he a dove—he’s a cuckoo. But seriously, Trump never really liked Bolton: the mustache annoyed him, and more importantly Bolton’s militarism is quite different from Trump’s. Bolton’s policy suggestions were never founded on benefiting Trump, which is the only thing Trump wants (as we all know).

21 Likes

My money’s on Skunk Baxter, or is he too much part of The Swamp?

2 Likes

In the “broken clock is right twice a day…” mode, it’s one point for the CheetoMan.

But I’m sure there is an almost infinite number of terrible choices to be made. After all, Henry Kissinger is still alive!

10 Likes

Good call.

“You advised me to do something that made me unpopular” is probably the gravest sin that someone in the cabinet can commit at the moment.

I wonder if he actually does Apprentice-style firings?

13 Likes

It just has me scratching my head. Was Bolton too much of a goon or not enough of a goon? I mean, it’s John Bolton after all, so the latter is hard to believe, but there’s no way TinyHands would fire anyone for being the former.

11 Likes
16 Likes