Trump fires Secretary of State Rex Tillerson

9 Likes

Being reported that Tillerson found out he was fired via Twitter.

seems about right.

10 Likes

Vladimir-Putin-laugh-gif

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure this means no one is working in the State Department any more.

3 Likes

Oh, sure, there’s people working in the State Department. They’re working to dismantle it, but they are working.

7 Likes

Rexxon, Rexxoff.

19 Likes

“What an excellent day for an impeachment.”

2 Likes

This was predicted in a reddit thread, right after Tillerson actually criticized Russia.

Beyond all jokes, this is profoundly fucked up.

3 Likes

Vox also maintains a list

But really, who cares? Do we pay attention to who gets appointed to manage each and every branch of McDonalds? Because that’s approximately the level of prestige and exclusivity we’re talking about.

1 Like

I was thinking of the tune of “I am the very model of a modern major general” like Tom Lehrer did for the elements.

5 Likes

Apparently the consequences that it triggered is Tillerson got sacked.

1 Like

Not unsurprisingly trump announces the moves on Twitter exactly the same way my work makes announcements of role changes/promotions. He really is running it exactly like a corporation which is not a good thing in regards to stability.

2 Likes

Here ya go…this is what you were looking for

12 Likes

Y’know, I really think we could, because there are two new seasons coming up:

They’ll have to update the song every few hours if they want it to stay current.

5 Likes

I’d care if we were all forced to eat at McDonald’s, particularly if my local franchises consistently failed health inspections.

11 Likes

That isn’t a fair comparison. McDonalds is an international success and beloved by billions of people.

7 Likes

“Meuller’s here already? Son of a Tiller!”

1 Like

Let’s see how the new guy does before we go being all judgey.

Since we live and work inside this McDonald’s, we absolutely should pay attention. Just like McDonald’s workers would care about their managers in any place in the world.

1 Like

“As soon as we get the facts straight, if we agree with them, we will condemn Russia or whoever it may be,” [Trump] said. -MSNBC

You don’t get to agree or disagree with the facts, especially after you have gotten them "straight’

12 Likes