Trump glitches again — this time slurring and stopping mid-sentence in Truth Social post

I’m sure the NYT editorial staff will be wringing their hands over this just like they did when Biden had his “senior moments”. /s

20 Likes

“Trump however showed enough decorum to refrain from posting the entire screed. Today is the day he finally became president. Um, even though he isn’t.”

9 Likes

His noodle’s tape heads are worn. Worsening signal-to-noise ratio. And his endlessly running mind-numbingly monotonous tape loop is badly worn out and getting worse. Soon it’ll snap then all you’d hear is the slap-slap-slap of the freed tape hitting the heads to no avail.

14 Likes

He just wants to recreate the glorious covfefe days

8 Likes

As one of the vanishingly small (and getting smaller) number of folks old enough to have heard that sound, I greet you, fellow traveler!

14 Likes

Charles Stross wrote a science-fiction novel rooted in this premise, set in in an experimental archaeological reenactment of late 20th century society.

6 Likes

Yup.

Plus, while I do wish the GOP could muster enough dignity to at least try to force him out, at this point I assume he could actually die or be in a permanent coma and we’d just get Weekend at Bernies and an LLM deepfaking his voice.

6 Likes

What’s the name of it?

4 Likes

“Hey! We’ll make a novelty fish to inure people to the faked voice.”

4 Likes

Yeah, I first thought of Motel of the Mysteries, but that’s wrong author and set-up. Enlighten us!

4 Likes

I loved Glasshouse, but for all the themes and ideas in it, that was one of the ones that’s stayed with me the most. Incompatible data formats across decades, or even across a few years, unreliable media, and the idea that we will end up with more information recorded before the rise of the computer age than in this transitional period.

I also look forward to the singularity being sometime around 2040, as there’s a chance that I just might make it that far!

Edit: @Mindysan33 Title’s mentioned here!

7 Likes

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

6 Likes

The Halcyon Days of Wine and Covefe.

5 Likes

… days of crime and roses :rose:

6 Likes

Fixed that.

6 Likes

also works

8 Likes

“The [blank] Days of [blank] and [blank]” phrase has never seen such activity. “Salad” could be used in place of “Halcyon”, but I doubt that Trump has ever even looked at a salad for more than five seconds.

5 Likes

Not even the traditional Scottish salad?

9 Likes

Mmmmmm. Greasy lard!

3 Likes

Pop Tv Alexis Rose GIF by Schitt's Creek

8 Likes