Trump glitches again — this time slurring and stopping mid-sentence in Truth Social post

Originally published at: Trump glitches again — this time slurring and stopping mid-sentence in Truth Social post - Boing Boing

9 Likes

After 10 years of repeating the same inane crap ad nauseam, maybe he finally bored himself into a coma.

Fingers crossed.

31 Likes

He sounds perfectly covfefe to me.

33 Likes

People still say nothing on the internet is ever truly deleted, but try to find something from a few years ago and unless archive.org has a copy there’s like a 50/50 chance.

25 Likes

Jodie Foster Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

People are really going to be shocked just how much information is going to go down the rabbit hole from this era… Because we don’t have nearly enough people doing the kind of archival work necessary to retain information… and we do a shit load of communication digitally now. The Wayback machine is kind of haphazard means of preserving stuff… and we really can not depend on private corporations to be good archival stewards.

33 Likes

21 Likes

Cracks knuckles.

9 Likes

Not the first time he’s glitch tweeted .

3 Likes

It also plays nice with publishers who want to retcon what they said to comply with legal threats etc.

It used to be great for students to watch how a story developed over the course of a day before the papers got wind of it!

12 Likes
12 Likes

What was said: Don’t you think he looks tired?

How it is perceived by him: Don’t you think he looks incapable of holding any thought, even though it is at odds with reality, and anything he said 30 seconds ago?

9 Likes

The day that we never hear from him again will not be too soon.

17 Likes

Here’s a screenshot of the original posting so you don’t need to give Twitter or so-called Truth Social any traffic to read it for yourself:

It’s… definitely something.

That was an incoherent word salad even by Trump standards. I don’t think there was a fully realized thought in all of that. It was just half a thought, jumping to the next thing, rinse and repeat. Something about standing shoulder to shoulder with the National Guard in Minnesota to something about Kenosha, WI, to something about tearing down statues in Washington DC, to writing a perfectly written paragraph to stop the destruction of Lincoln? I gave up after about 1 minute of that.

15 Likes

I recognize some of the symptoms of dementia - my father-in-law took to calling me My Man and trying to pass it off as a term of endearment because he eventually couldn’t remember my name. The dementia became obvious when my m-i-l died suddenly and there was no longer any cover for his lapses.
When the Orange Cheato is on his own in front of a crowd his decline is apparent to many that have had loved ones suffer similarly.

18 Likes

Go Sam Heughan GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

11 Likes

Hell, I feel like it already is. Search is increasingly bad, and search on social media content is so much worse. (And at least some of that is by design - e.g. only Google is now allowed to index Reddit.) I frequently find myself trying to do a search for something specific someone said on social media recently, and coming up with absolutely nothing relevant - and often, nothing at all.

15 Likes

(for example)

5 Likes

… well that doesn’t sound like an antitrust violation in any way :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

Some have described his output as Word Salad, but I think it would be more precise to call it Word KFC Bowl.

9 Likes

Sure, but by this era I meant since the early days of the internet (like the old BBS days prior to the WWW and American Online… There are probably communities that have worked to preserve their communications, but even before the current era of social media, we were starting to let all this information be saved primarily by corporations, and they, generally speaking, do a shit job at archiving… People started to see communication as “cheap” and were less likely to consider the importance of preservation with the rise of the computer revolution.

14 Likes