Trump has COVID-19

Schadenfreude is too complicated a concept for The Examiner’s readers to parse.

20 Likes

Of course, dog forbid, if Biden tests positive it will be conservatives saying exactly the same kinds of things.

11 Likes

It’s not a good image, I will grant that.

At the same time, there’s no disputing that up til this point the Trump inner circle has reacted so coldly toward the danger because they saw it as a red state/urban area/minority problem. While I don’t think Trump critics are taking the “high road” on this for the most part, I also can’t fault people who were dismissed as expendable “eaters” or “feeders” for feeling in some way vindicated.

There’s a thought I always have when the worst of the bureaucracy turns a blind eye to problems. “Sometimes things have to break before people will admit they need to be fixed.” I think the ‘Masque of the Red Death’ is approaching the story’s climax in the coming months.

10 Likes

There’s something that doesn’t sit right with the schadenfreude I tried to feel. It’s not the high chance that he will recover and become more insufferable. It’s not that this is the perfect excuse to skip the debates while piling on the media sympathy.

It was wondering what someone who had lost a loved one to Trump’s virus would think.

This piece of shit and his various blow-up dolls has murdered 200,000 real people (in this country alone). Nothing that happens to him even vaguely compares to that.

18 Likes

Oh, he does?

How surprising.

20 Likes

If I could wish any curse on Trump, it would just be self-awareness.

16 Likes

Just to follow up on the Boris Bounce thing…

8 Likes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/02/trump-and-melania-test-positive-for-coronavirus-white-house-outbreak-feared.html

3 Likes

I hope they got Baron out of there.

Other than that, thoughts and prayers.

15 Likes

Someone had learned with braziilian oresident… If he not go next debate, go on.

Obligatory…

8 Likes

Saw a great reply on Reddit.

“I see RBG successfully made her first argument before God”.

Heh

64 Likes

Biden, who was in the trump spittle zone during the debate was tested this morning.

Fingers crossed for negative result.

19 Likes

He deserves the finest medical care.

Dr. Fauci to the Oval Office. Bring a syringe and bleach. Dr. Fauci to the Oval Office.

12 Likes

…and bring a UV light buttplug.

17 Likes

C’mon, people. This is 2020 we’re talking about. You all know he’s going to either:

1. Make a full recovery in 2 days, thereby confirming to his base that this Chinese virus is really a hoax.
  2. Since he’s already in ill health he may take a while to recover which means he’ll delay elections indefinitely.
  3. He’ll croak
    3a) Pence implements 2
    3b) Pence has to pick someone already known, vetted, is an idiot, appeared on reality TV, and can rile his base. So he goes with Palin.

Seriously, though, what’s the SOP if a nominee dies after voting has begun?

New drinking song:
My name is 2020,
I’ll make you scream and curse!
And when you thought
Things were so bad,
I’ll go and make them worse!

17 Likes

It sure would be awful if Mango Mussolini where to become very ill with long-term aftereffects from this hoax, followed by a huge election loss and then the collapse of his entire house of lies. Yeah, that would be just awful. Thoughts and prayers™/S

13 Likes

And away they go!

17 Likes

“I am sure that your inherent vitality, vigor and optimism will help you overcome the dangerous virus,” Putin wrote to Mr. Trump, says the Kremlin.

Translated: Sick or not, your debts are still due. Get your fat ass back to work.

15 Likes

“You’ll beat this Donald!”
-Herman Cain’s Twitter account.

55 Likes