Trump has COVID-19

Let us instead use this space to remember all he has meant to us.

16 Likes

Here’s hoping Hope Hicks doesn’t have to face QAnon extremists who wish her harm for infecting the president.

19 Likes

So a genius has met a genius…

Genius

This is a very brilliant enemy.
You know
it’s a brilliant enemy.

They develop drugs like the antibiotics.
You see it.
Antibiotics used to solve every problem
But now the germ has gotten so brilliant.
The antibiotic can’t keep up with it.
People go to a hospital
They end up dying from – from problems.
You know the problems I’m talking about.
There’s a whole genius to it.
Not only is it hidden,
it’s very smart.
It’s invisible and it’s hidden.
It’s very smart.
I’m going to make a decision based on a lot of different opinions.
Some will maybe disagree,
Some, I’d love to see it, where they don’t disagree.
Will there be risks?
There’s always going to be a risk.
Something can flare up.
There’s always a risk.
This is a – this is genius that we’re fighting.
You know
We’re fighting this hidden enemy, which is genius.
Okay? It’s genius.
It’s attacked so many countries,
at so many different angles.

(Liza Featherstone)

5 Likes

I do hope he recovers. Just in time to wake up Nov 4 to the announcement of a landslide Biden/Harris victory.

And that he lives for years. As long as it takes for NYAG (and VA and DC and SDNY) to unseal indictments against him, stage a trial and convict him on inescapable state charges. Long enough to hear the “click” as the bars shut behind him. Long enough to watch the last of his father’s fortune be seized and used to repair the crumbling NY subway system and provide universal healthcare for all New Yorkers. Then he can go to his maker and face whatever wrath hell has in store.

What I hope happens between now and then I will withhold out of respect for the great mods, writers and founders of bOing bOing.

14 Likes
5 Likes

About that “asymptomatic” thing

No clue when he was exposed, so no way to judge speed of progression. But really bad demographic characteristics.

18 Likes

What conservative press wants conservatives to see about liberals this morning:

15 Likes

Schadenfreude is too complicated a concept for The Examiner’s readers to parse.

20 Likes

Of course, dog forbid, if Biden tests positive it will be conservatives saying exactly the same kinds of things.

11 Likes

It’s not a good image, I will grant that.

At the same time, there’s no disputing that up til this point the Trump inner circle has reacted so coldly toward the danger because they saw it as a red state/urban area/minority problem. While I don’t think Trump critics are taking the “high road” on this for the most part, I also can’t fault people who were dismissed as expendable “eaters” or “feeders” for feeling in some way vindicated.

There’s a thought I always have when the worst of the bureaucracy turns a blind eye to problems. “Sometimes things have to break before people will admit they need to be fixed.” I think the ‘Masque of the Red Death’ is approaching the story’s climax in the coming months.

10 Likes

There’s something that doesn’t sit right with the schadenfreude I tried to feel. It’s not the high chance that he will recover and become more insufferable. It’s not that this is the perfect excuse to skip the debates while piling on the media sympathy.

It was wondering what someone who had lost a loved one to Trump’s virus would think.

This piece of shit and his various blow-up dolls has murdered 200,000 real people (in this country alone). Nothing that happens to him even vaguely compares to that.

18 Likes

Oh, he does?

How surprising.

20 Likes

If I could wish any curse on Trump, it would just be self-awareness.

16 Likes

Just to follow up on the Boris Bounce thing…

8 Likes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/02/trump-and-melania-test-positive-for-coronavirus-white-house-outbreak-feared.html

3 Likes

I hope they got Baron out of there.

Other than that, thoughts and prayers.

15 Likes

Someone had learned with braziilian oresident… If he not go next debate, go on.

Obligatory…

8 Likes

Saw a great reply on Reddit.

“I see RBG successfully made her first argument before God”.

Heh

64 Likes

Biden, who was in the trump spittle zone during the debate was tested this morning.

Fingers crossed for negative result.

19 Likes