Trump has reportedly fiddled with idea to start new political party

• Flat denial of reality
  • Deep shame
  • Aneurysms
  • “But her emails…”
  • Other
0 voters
11 Likes

Here in Canada, we had Trump precursor Stephen Harper cling to power for 10 years by winning less than 35% of the vote due to the left being split between two parties and Quebec voting for their party. So Trump peeling off the RWNJ’s would work nicely to keep Dems in power for a while. All the fun perks of being in a first past the post system that is only used in 3 “democracies” in the world.

20 Likes

You missed the “All of the above” option

12 Likes

…or at least cry into their My Pillows.

17 Likes

Not this time. “Deep shame” seems incompatible.

6 Likes

How strange that they can be the very thing of which they are incapable.

3 Likes

Only three? I thought it was more than that.

DO IT. I’m hoping even the possibility of Trump starting his own party will cement in the minds of at least 17 Republican senators that it’s an excellent idea to vote to convict in the impeachment trial, if only so Trump can never hold office again.

9 Likes

He doesn’t need to hold office. He just needs to wield candidates that are loyal to him.

2 Likes

15 Likes

Knowing Trump, he would do this mainly as a money-making scheme.

Good. Do it. Hamstring the GOP to line your own pockets, your first attempt wasn’t successful enough on either account.

hehehehehe. . . .

12 Likes

Ask some people who have been in abusive relationships. The abuser can switch between deep shame and “Why am I ashamed? It’s their fault”.

10 Likes

Those centrist Democrats would have to choose which party to stand five feet to the left of.

12 Likes

Exactly. the DAY that Trump even had a twinkle in his eye about running for office should have been the day that campaign finance reforms were triggered. “oh wait, this money-grubbing amoral huckster wants in on this game? Guys, I think our system might not be set up to value public service at this point.” He’s the clearest sign we’re ever going to get that money has corrupted politics. Without a single actual political principle to his name, he’s still driven to keep - nay - expand his “campaign” indefinitely because it’s now the most successful and the loosest slush fund he’s ever has his tiny, grubby mitts on.

21 Likes

Well… I am being a little hyperbolic. The UK, the US and the former Commonwealth nations.

2 Likes

You mean the 'Riot Party?

4 Likes

If Trump was younger I’d be worried, but he’s an elderly man. Anything he does will harm the R party. Likely why Mconnell has cut him loose.

6 Likes

The Trump Party is just two weeks away. Like the Trump Health Care Plan.

10 Likes

Patriot Party. So, the worst of the worst.

12 Likes

Found these on a history site that recounts the Trump presidency

6 Likes