Trump has reportedly fiddled with idea to start new political party

Patriot Party? Trump has never “created” anything without naming it after himself.

15 Likes

Trump can take the religious right with him. In their world of crazy, the only thing that God loves more than an inconsiderate jerk of a control freak is a rich inconsiderate jerk of a control freak.

8 Likes

The irony is that Trump’s supporters have been so quick to label any Republican who didn’t give Trump their unconditional support in all matters as a “RINO,” even though their guy has only been a registered Republican since 2012 and apparently may not be one for much longer.

20 Likes

Go Donnie Go! He’ll fuck it up … but that’s the point.

6 Likes

Conservatives
Using
New
Trump
Strengths

10 Likes

You are forgetting about Beavis and Butthead. One of them will take over when the elder Trump opens the worlds most popular gender-neutral toilet.

14 Likes

Maybe “Benghazi”? Dunno.

Except Space Force. Though the probably wanted to name it “Trump Space Force” or some such…

5 Likes

The word ‘patriot’ has become a really useful and almost 100% reliable flag these days, hasn’t it?

14 Likes

That would be hilarious. Honestly.

1 Like

Nationalists United for Trump Sociopathic Asshole Coalition or NUTSAC for short

13 Likes

“Yeah, well, I’m gonna start my own political party with hookers, golf, and right-wing extremism. In fact, forget the political party…”

12 Likes

The PP? He’d definitely be into that.

8 Likes

Hmm…perhaps the National Association of Trump Supporters and Instigators Party?

The spelling is slightly different, but everything else is the same.

7 Likes

Still hyperbolic. Neither Australia or New Zealand uses first past the post. In Aus we have preferential voting, meaning the least unpopular candidate wins. NZ has mixed-member proportional representation.

To be fair though, the largest ex-Commonwealth democracy, India, is FPTP.

5 Likes

The more I think about it, the more I doubt he will do anything else at all. He’s a spoiled, pampered child, and he’s just been through four years of stress and criticism and having to be places he didn’t want to be, etc. I have a feeling after a month or so of not having any of that, he might be satisfied just to take up his old lifestyle of ripping people off and being on tv.

4 Likes

May he see as much success as the Bull Moose party.

You underestimate the lock the two party system has here. There’s been many attempts to shake things up and the furthest we got in recent memory was in 1992 when Ross Perot managed to score a respectable sliver of the popular vote, but still not enough to get any electoral college votes.

Maybe Trump could get a governorship or even Senate seat if he really wanted to but I doubt he’ll be interested in such a perceived “downgrade”. He’s not interested in governing, he just wants to be in power and he only wants the top prize.

I’m more worried about his spawn seeking office at this point.

6 Likes

I would love nothing more than for him top fade away forever. but I was once married to an extroverted narcissist and can say with some certainty that they require attention the way a house plant needs sunlight. Even bad attention is better than no attention. I often got the feeling they feared they would physical vanish from this universe if they were not being seen by a sufficient number of people. You could feel feel the panic and anxiety spilling over when they felt isolated or cutoff from an audience. As the entire world pivots to watch everything Biden does in hist first 100 days expect trump to act like a rabid cornered dog.

13 Likes

Sadly true – but for now let’s bask in the glorious notion of a permanently split right wing vote keeping the Republicans out of power forever.
Who am I kidding? Clogged arteries will take Trump out of the game in the next five years or so anyway. He won’t be missed.

2 Likes

And a highly divided country with a far-right government. Hmm, I can’t quite put my finger on it…

9 Likes