Trump "hopes it doesn't involve violence" if Republicans deny him their nomination

The Rev. Ian Paisley in NI used to say things like “I am not advocating violence against Catholics but given what has happened it would not be surprising if other people turned to violence” and so on.

9 Likes

When the Republican convention finally gets underway, I’d hate to see folks here get sarcastic about it. I’d never advocate that sort of thing.

9 Likes

I think the police know perfectly well that the President doesn’t sign their pay checks. There is no benefit for them whatsoever in supporting Trump, because of the high risk that his selection would either (a) cause a national swing to the Dems or (b) if he was elected but the Dems had a majority elsewhere, he would suddenly rediscover “New York values.”

A centrifuge with swing sounds like a bearing failure waiting to happen…

(well, it sounds like Thumpatta-THUmpatta-THumpatta-THUMPatta…)

4 Likes

It is the best racism. Amazing racism. Nobody builds better racisms.

11 Likes

3 Likes

It’s all out there. The people discussing violence aren’t quiet about it.

They plan to go door to door in hotel rooms threatening delegates. They plan to show off their second amendment rights. There’s been talk of holding the convention hostage until they pick Trump. People seem to just want to assemble there. Bring a gun or two and themselves… And just go to Cleveland and figure it out.

Some people are looking to the RNC convention as the valley of armageddon for some white power uprising.

3 Likes

It’s troubling - I certainly hope it doesn’t involve someone dousing Donald head to toe in wolverine diarrhea…and I don’t mean to suggest that.

13 Likes

Donald Trump, April 2016: “I hope it doesn’t involve violence, if the Republicans fail to nominate me.”

Candidate Trump, October 2016: “I hope it doesn’t lead to violence, if I fail to win the election.”

President Trump, April 2017: “I hope it doesn’t lead to violence, if people don’t do what I tell them.”

President Trump, June 2023: “I hope it doesn’t lead to further violence, if the vote to suspend term limits goes against me.”

Il Generalissimo President-for-Life Trump, August 2030: “I personally deplore all this violence, which is caused by the traitors who hate this great nation. But I’m not going to condemn the spontaneous actions of patriots who love America. They are only defending what is most precious to all of us, our freedom.”

9 Likes

They should hand out guns.
It will be much safer once everybody at that convention is equipped with a gun.
America may become great again.

11 Likes

Hey, you! Join the Navy!

3 Likes

While the polls support Trump winning the nomination, I haven’t found a single poll in the last 2 weeks that shows him winning the election. The caveats are many, there is still time for things to get worse, election fraud could happen again, polls are not necessarily reliable. And obviously you still need to vote and campaign.

But I’m not panicked yet.

1 Like

I read this like:
“I’m not suggesting you all take up arms and storm DC, but if that happens, and i hope it doesn’t, I hope it doesn’t happen on the 23rd at the corner of Pennsylvania Ave and Trump St. I really hope no one brings guns or other weapons…wink wink…I really hope no one cares enough about america to make it great again through violence!”

LOL. totally. too bad TRUMP only has one setting and it isn’t subtle…

…quickly mails a big Chipotle gift certificate and a plastic bag to Hugh Jackman.

9 Likes

We can’t let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

• Donald Trump, as Obama wins in 2012

No suggesting at all there.

1 Like

Free stuff? You’re advocating free stuff? Listen, commie, you’ll pay for your own damn gun, and your ammo, or you can stay home while the patriots do the men’s work.

1 Like

The Halber Mensch figure was my first tattoo in the late 80’s. Good times.

1 Like

If you’re Iranian, don’t let your Siemens PLC’s near the Internet or a USB key. Because Stuxnet makes your centrifuges go with a thump, thump, thump…

4 Likes

I fear you are doomed to disappointment. People are already charging up the sarcasm cannons and loading up the F-16s with sarcasm missiles. Pacifists are preparing for satirical but peaceful demonstrations. We are armed with hyperbole, litotes, and anacoluthon detectors. We can deploy arguments of mass instruction in under 45 minutes. Massive land-based .gif generators are already on standby, while motorised ground forces are ready to deploy parody .jpegs at a moment’s notice. We have seen the enemy and we have nothing to fear but fear itself1. We will mock them on the beaches, on the landing grounds. ¡No pasarán!

1[edit - and scary men with automatic weapons. The pen may be mightier than the sword but it tends to lose out to projectile weapons. Ask Pushkin, only you can’t of course.]

11 Likes

He has some moments of startling lucidity.

6 Likes

Or he could invite some participants in the first Bundy stand-off and the police would back down?