Trump imagines reaction by George Floyd (who is dead) to jobs numbers: 'This is a great day for him, it’s a great day for everybody'

Some businesses might have infinite growth (as a percentage) in May! It’s the best economy ever!

18 Likes

Economy Is great! Ghosts are happy! Everyone, back to work! Oops, a huge spike in cases and deaths? National emergency! Cancel the election! Maintain order!

Could that be the strategy?

15 Likes

Yeah, that is self parody taken to the most ridiculous extreme, that it actually made me laugh out loud. I actually felt a release of some of the tension…

Trump Shushes Black Reporter

And it’s back.

32 Likes

States which rode out the worst of the infections with lockdown orders are just starting to reopen (CA, WA, NY, NJ), now that infections/deaths are flat.

This is different from places like Georgia, Florida or South Dakota which are major hotspots who are just trying to endanger the workforce to avoid paying unemployment.

15 Likes

I think it’s very important to give him enough rope to hang himself here, so we can make the line ever darker between what we once were, and what we will eventually have become.

Go on wit your bad self!

6 Likes

Trump only thinks of Trump.

He’s not thinking about George Floyd, he’s thinking “how can I use this guy’s death (which was the spark for so much rage and violence that’s hurting my image) to somehow improve my image?” He has no clue to how it sounds to the rest of us.

The other thing to remember here is that economic numbers mean less to the average guy on the street than what Trump and conservatives think they do. This was a theme pundits discussed after the 2016 election-- despite the economy improving under Obama most people were still left behind. Shit didn’t improve for the poor and working classes. “Employment” is better than being out of work, but if your wages are stagnant and your rent’s going up then you are treading water or worse.

28 Likes

19 Likes

Pretty honest and straightforward answer actually.

Q: What is Trump going to do about systemic racism?

A: Silence anyone who dares to bring it up, particularly if they are women or People of Color.

44 Likes

The jobs numbers aren’t good, exactly, just much better than expected. Unemployment down 1.4% https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/06/05/869821293/as-america-struggles-to-return-to-work-staggering-unemployment-numbers-loom
Someone told him he needed to strike a conciliatory tone and this shit is what he came up with.

11 Likes

Why do people keep trying to ruin various orange fruits for me? Can’t we just stick with Cheeto-based metaphors?

/s

17 Likes

That, plus all of the people who were forced to take shit jobs at big box retailers at starvation wages because their states have archaic and draconian unemployment programs.

18 Likes

So as to save time:

:slight_smile:

Well consider this; would you ever eat rotten fruit that was just sitting around moldering?

FTVFY.

(Fixed that visual for ya.)

12 Likes

Nicolae Ceausescu also made a tone deaf speech a few days before he was removed from power.

26 Likes

That’s what I have my fingers crossed for; hopefully we are witnessing the death throes of this “presidency.”

16 Likes

I’d say that the one difference now is that we cannot let Trump be killed.

I though about what could happen next and about the best I could come up with is Nancy Pelosi becoming president and offering one of Romney/Murkowski/Collins the VP job as a show of national unity. The elections can then go ahead in November with Biden and whoever the Republicans choose.

I don’t like it, but the aim is to avoid civil war.

16 Likes

He’s the colour of a seventies wallpaper. There, that shouldn’t ruin anything good for you.

11 Likes

Approaches?? He grabbed psychopathy and took off with it a long time ago.

8 Likes

Oh my god.

Trump actually has a campaign ad using George Floyd.

24 Likes

Hey! I liked avocado and aztec gold /s

7 Likes

I don’t know if i can communicate how i feel about Trump’s dumb ass insensitive statement in a way that won’t get me in trouble.

Eat shit? Yeah, eat shit.

12 Likes