Trump imagines reaction by George Floyd (who is dead) to jobs numbers: 'This is a great day for him, it’s a great day for everybody'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/05/trump-imagines-george-floyd.html

“Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that’s happening for our country.”

8 Likes

I don’t have any rage left to waste on that Kumquat colored buffoon.

But I do have to ask WTF he’s talking about with this jobs numbers bullshit; are millions of people not still out of work and applying for unemployment? Has that somehow magically changed since yesterday?

82 Likes

When tone-deafness approaches psychopathy.

40 Likes

43 Likes

When psychopathy is mistaken for tone-deafness

38 Likes

If only.

14 Likes

The Onion, come to life. Again.

25 Likes

In the words of the great Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.:

…I’ve seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land. So I’m happy, tonight. For one day there will be a great pestilence upon the land, yet under the guidance of an orange bigot the adjusted unemployment rate may yet drop to 13.3%. Hallelujah!

45 Likes

The “We’re Open! Everything’s Fine” phase of virus-ignoring started, so some of the furloughed went back to their unsafe workplaces rather than be kicked off unemployment for refusing to work.
Thus, the “numbers are great!”

53 Likes

“Sir, I have my knee on your neck because this action will eventually lead to a stronger American economy.”

“I understand and am grateful… gasp…”

52 Likes

Ah, I see.

Thanks.

15 Likes

There is also a bit of taking credit for the work of people he attacked. California, NY and NJ are starting a soft reopening of the economy now that infections/deaths have gone down heavily.

14 Likes

If only we’d had some indication Trump was a terrible person before the 2016 election. IF ONLY!

45 Likes

There was also this brilliant moment from the dickhead in chief

45 Likes

‘This is a great day for him, it’s a great day for everybody’

You know, except for the part where he’s dead and numerous protesters are dead or missing.

39 Likes

This, so much this. It was the hidden agenda in the mad rush to re-open in so many states with Republican mis-governors.

24 Likes

I shudder to think about the next spike in C19 infections behind this bullshit.

26 Likes

He constantly uses people, living and dead, as props to push his rhetoric. It’s sick.

Until they speak out against him, then they were always bad people.

Of course, the dead can’t protest. Which is sick.

28 Likes

You can bet your last dollar that Trump and his allies will just blame any new infection surges on the public protests.

38 Likes

I have no fondness for Republicans, but I’ll note they are absolutely not the only ones reopening. CA has reopened in many areas, including hair salons. (I think some of that is starting today, or maybe Monday, and local restrictions apply in some areas, but we don’t have a statewide limit)