Trump imagines reaction by George Floyd (who is dead) to jobs numbers: 'This is a great day for him, it’s a great day for everybody'

Why you gotta do Kumquats like that.

6 Likes

image.php

15 Likes

This is wrong and inflammatory. Please review a longer clip to get the context and make a correction.

So on top of appropriating the legacy of a dead Black man, he’s also boasting about things being far better than they really are. Of course.

You’re absolutely right, Trump is being inflammatory. Oh, wait, sorry, you weren’t finished.

How about you give us a hint yourself, since you seem to be all fired up about this?

27 Likes

As opposed to other days, when it’s just psychopathy approaches psychopathy, shakes hands, and continues on to psychopathy.

3 Likes
  1. Who the fuck would even think to say this?
  2. Even if someone were whacked out enough to have the thought, who in the fuck would actually carry through w/ saying it?

What a fucking piece of human shit!

17 Likes

I am not in a position to judge how good of an idea that is. But it’s worth noting that, anywhere social distancing has been taken seriously, there’s going to be a significant lag between “legally allowed to open” and “viable levels of business”.

Realistically, people are not going to start getting haircuts on Tuesday if salons were closed for plague on Monday. If you wait until it would be safe to reopen at normal levels of traffic, then you’re likely condeming distressed businesses to lose additional months of custom after the public-health rationale has expired. So there is a case to be made that, like, if it’s going to be safe for salons to reopen in August, they should be nominally reopened in July. I mean, it is possible to plan this in a responsible, data-based way.

4 Likes

his brain seriously does not work right.

5 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I’m no fan of the man. But the quote about George Floyd immediately followed a statement about the importance of equal treatment under the law for everybody, not a comment about the jobs numbers. To exclude that fact undermines BB’s credibility and further stokes polarization. There’s plenty to criticize him about without giving ammo to people arguing the media has a liberal bias.

2 Likes

You must be joking, sir. Here in Austin, I tried to book a time at a barber shop soon after they reopened and just sorta gave up after finding that they were now booked solid for DAYS in advance.

6 Likes

That’s OK. It is well known that reality has a liberal bias so I don’t really mind mere media having the same.

7 Likes

He’s blowing smoke up our collective asses. If you look hard enough you will see dumpster fires as far as the eye can see.

6 Likes

No doubt. So nail him on the facts, not distortions.

Trump didn’t announce anything that could reasonably be considered “good news” EXCEPT for the better-than-expected jobs report. Equal treatment under the law is NOT happening in this country. So why exactly would Floyd “look down right now and say this is a great thing that’s happening for our country”?

15 Likes

Here’s the transcript. If you can make anything out of that, my hat’s off to you.

The remarks about George Floyd came right after an extended riff on the greatness of the American military and how they “dominated the streets”, and were followed by an extended riff blaming China for currency manipulation and the Coronavirus.

There’s no context there that can rehabilitate his stupidity.

28 Likes

Even when Obama was giving these jobs reports I often thought the books were cooked. Now I REALLLLY think the books are being cooked, since we are still staring down both barrels of a recession. Am I that stupid to believe ANYTHING this orange clown-buffoon says? No, fuck him. I’m not going to believe 1 bit of good news he utters unless it is verified independently by reputable sources.

Not to mention his beyond-insensitive George Floyd comments. It’s beyond tone deafness. It’s in insanity territory or something. He says the most outrageous bullshit. How could you even say it’s a great day for a dead man? How in the fuck???

6 Likes

By all means say it was in a conference on job numbers. But cutting the first half of the quote where he says Americans of any race, gender or creed must be treated fairly under the law is a fundamental distortion. I don’t see what is controversial about this.

1 Like

As @Brainspore said he has said basically nothing extraordinary. No facts worth the bother. He’s using Mr Floyds name (in vain) as just another prop and it’s despicable.

13 Likes

I agree. Junk food for a junk president.

13 Likes

I don’t claim to follow, but here’s the extended quote:
Equal justice under the law must mean that every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement, regardless of race, color, gender or creed, they have to receive fair treatment from law enforcement. They have to receive it. We all saw what happened last week. We can’t let that happen. Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying, “This is a great thing that’s happening for our country.” This is a great day for him. It’s a great day for everybody. This is a great day for everybody. This is a great, great day in terms of equality. It’s really what our constitution requires and it’s what our country is all about.

2 Likes