Trump impeached — abuse of power & obstruction of congress

I mean this is cool, but I also see Mitch just doing a day zero roll call vote to acquit, and that’s the trial, folks.

3 Likes

Thankfully she’s currently polling at less than 2%. Most democrats seem to hate her. And She’s spent the last 8 months selling her self to Republicans at GOP events and on conservative news.

So if that rumor is true she’s probably gonna pull votes from the other end of it.

Until she hit on running for president she was openly courting an appointment in the Trump administration. So she seems as delusional as ever.

6 Likes

Still, as AOC would put it, it’s on the record.

9 Likes

If you could turn back time…

2 Likes

This will go on to the Senate, where it will be shot down because the vote will be along party lines, most senators are Republican, and a supermajority is needed anyway. But for now, just let me enjoy this small victory, and hope that it will be sufficiently demoralizing to trump and his supporters regardless of what happens in the Senate.

12 Likes

Yeah, it’s a victory of sorts to me too, satisfying in a way. But…

"Trump Approval Inches Up, While Support for Impeachment Dips” [Gallup].

President Donald Trump’s job approval rating has inched up again and is now at 45%. The president’s ratings have increased six percentage points since the House of Representatives opened an impeachment inquiry against him in the fall…. Approval of the president’s performance remains high among Republicans (89%) and low among Democrats (8%). Less than half of political independents approve, but the current 42% is up from 34% at the start of the impeachment hearings and matches their highest rating of Trump so far.

5 Likes

And there are a few GOP senators in tough races who will have a hard explaining not even having a trial or calling witnesses.

If we don’t get a trial, I think that helps. If they do hold a trial, we’re going to get more testimony that works against Trump and will be solid ammunition in the general election.

6 Likes

Should have been unanimous, but I’ll take it.

Those who voted nay: your contempt for this country is noted, and now on record. Choke on it.

15 Likes

Well, either way, guess we find out the plan tomorrow. Seems Mitch has got a floor speech scheduled to discuss the “unprecedented actions” and how the senate will fix it.

2 Likes

5dfaf0bcdab93727408255

This might be more true to life currently

7 Likes

It’s good that this is on the record, no matter what the Senate does.

Also that it vexes the fuck out of 45 and gets his blood pressure/stress levels soaring (hopefully inching him ever closer to death’s doorstep) is good with me.

30 Likes

Who are the three fucking Dems who voted “no?”

1 Like

Minnesota’s Collin Peterson and NJ’s Jeff Van Drew voted no on both. Maine rep Jared Golden voted no on obstruction of congress.

Tulsi Gabbard voted “Present” , which counts as a no vote in this particular situation due to being present in the quorum.

18 Likes

@phosphorious

Also Jeff Van Drew has declared that he is switching his affiliation to the Republican party.

12 Likes

Interesting how a few Republicans have been criticizing him publicly yet when it comes down to a vote on impeachment they all voted not to do so. I bet that Koolaid tastes real good.

15 Likes

What a bunch of wishy-washy mealy mouth bullshit.

9 Likes

Forward! This is only starting.

I am baffled by Van Drew’s strategy here. I know he’s in a tough district, but does he really think they will prefer him over a longtime Republican in the primary? There is no way he keeps his seat as a Republican in that district.

5 Likes

24 Likes