Trump impeachment heads to Senate, but

I’m not nicknamed Debbie Downer for nothing.

1 Like

I wrote this essay for the local Democratic party last August.

Still relevant today.

" . . . Even if Donald Trump were impeached, convicted, and removed from office tomorrow (or tumbled to his death down the rain-slicked stairs of Air Force One, or fled the country with a bag full of gold bars ahead of money laundering charges, or got devoured by an alligator at Mar-a-Lago), this country would still be saddled with a well-funded political party that abandoned the norms and values of democracy in exchange for tax breaks and ever-growing ranks of conservative judges."

tl;dl: Time to get off of our asses and get involved in campaigns and voter registration / ID efforts, donate, GOTV drives, etc.

5 Likes

I heard my local Trumpkin bitching about how “Pelosi is an idiot” because she didn’t hand it over to the Senate, and while I didn’t engage him in conversation I sooo wanted to say “you know, if she gets what she wants by this move, then she ain’t an idiot.”

2 Likes

Former Pizza Hut Spokesperson, Steak Salesperson and Orange Florida Man Impeached

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.