Trump issues babble after signing Russia sanctions into law

He’s coming so close to making a unitary executive-type signing statement, but he’s too stupid to know how to do that.

1 Like

He really does seem scared of what the Russians are going to do to him, Secret Service or no.

2 Likes

He has no clue what is Constitutional and what isn’t. He’s just saying that because he needs to say something. If he didn’t say something, he’d be seen as being scolded and chastened by the Congress. His minions will now go around saying that the bill is unconstitutional, when they have no idea if it is.

7 Likes

It reads like genuine Trump, slightly edited/cleaned up. My guess is that he dictated this signing statement and Ivanka wrote it down for him.

EIther that or he typed it on his phone and emailed it to Ivanka and she did a quick smoothing on it before publishing it.

2 Likes

That’s what immediately struck me. Far from incoherent, this statement is too cogent to be the work of the tweeter-in-chief. Ten bucks says an aide ghost-wrote it.

2 Likes

Try a lawyer perhaps. Except for that bullshit about making deals.

5 Likes

By the time he leaves office in 2025, his tweets will just be, like, “Bhlmeemn garghlblb tamboo lerfer!”. And dead-eyed journalists will be pushing out articles with headlines like “Turmp thinks that goobnaffle murrmuu. Here’s why he’s wrong.”

6 Likes

I have one word for you: Covfefe.

9 Likes

Now we’re insulting fistulas, for goodness sake.

5 Likes

Do you honestly believe President Trump will serve a second term? He doesn’t even like the job.

He’s been campaigning for 2020 since immediately after being elected (which itself was unprecedented). He’s already held several rallies since after inauguration. I have no reason to believe he won’t at least run for a second term.

4 Likes

Not to mention that the D’s have yet to show any ability to capitalize on the enormous opportunity before them. FFS they just said they were going to accept candidates that are anti-abortion. As if the hardcore anti-choice people would ever vote for a D, meanwhile the country in general is solidly pro-choice to one degree or another.

And furthermore they seem blind to the fact that the birther president won because of racism. The D’s need to figure out how to pacify white fragility. Instead they are pretending that its all about economics - which is obviously a serious issue, but trump voters who say its about economics are viewing it through race-colored glasses. The D’s need to figure out how to convince those white people who are freaked about losing their dominant position as the majority racial group that there is still plenty of room for them in a multi-racial america.

2 Likes

Yes, but that’s for fundraising, with no reason why the funds should in fact be spent on a 2020 campaign.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re saying.

The way things are headed, he’ll “serve” until he dies.

Fortunately, he’s old. All hail President Ivanka.

3 Likes

The signing statement was all Trump. The decision not to try a hopeless veto, however, was probably Putin’s.

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming:

Russia has revealing nude photos of the First Lady, Melania Trump, and he doesn’t want them revealed. Rumor has it she is in a steamy girl on girl and…what? Wait? She modeled for those and they’re freely available on the internet? FLOTUS posed nude? Like Abigail Adams and Jackie Kennedy? God Bless America.

2 Likes

Naah. The keep assuming that if they report on the amount of lies, fabrications and BS that come out of the presidential orifice, his base will start to turn on him. It hasn’t worked so far, but reporting only the sane and true stuff would make him seem quiet and normal.

2 Likes

If I’ve offended any fistulas or friends of fistulas by my ill thought out comment Then I sincerely (semi-sincerely) apologize… On the other hand given the current times Fuck a bunch of snowflake fistulas.

No no I’m sorry I didn’t mean that either

4 Likes