Trump Jr. attacked on Twitter after his idiot tweet that questions Vindman's heroism

1. Trump Jr, is, as always, an absolute fuckwit.

2. What the hell is “heroic” about Vindman’s military career? He voluntarily took part in an illegal and unjustified invasion that resulted in the needless death of millions. Stumbling into an IED while participating in a massive war crime is not “heroic”.

14 Likes

Shush you!

Murican mercen-- I mean, Murican soldiers are Murican heroes, plain and simple.

Especially when they can be enlisted in the effort to pop the big orange balloon!

7 Likes

Well, if they did, then I guess their self-preservation could be forgiven. Sometimes, however, self-sacrifice is called for.

3 Likes

So I often see people responding to Trump or Trump Jr. either replying to their tweets or by mentioning their twitter handle, and I briefly wonder if they ever actually read them.

My guess is no.

2 Likes

Stretch that out to 500 words and sell it to the Federalist. They are looking for some good smear pieces.

8 Likes

The empire is bipartisan.

9 Likes

And 99% of its citizens are allergic to that truth.

Not to mention unaware that they even live in an empire.

11 Likes

Though it is neither Holy or Roman…

10 Likes

Yeah, but it is kinda British in a way, despite having broken away from England, what with all that fantasizing for such a long time about (and abusing, stealing, and killing on the basis of) “white Anglo-Saxon” superiority.

12 Likes

As soon as someone mentions the ‘deep state’, they lose credibility with me. There is no ‘deep state’, there’s just the stability of career government officials who put their oath to the Constitution above that of any one party or President.

11 Likes

Although it is worth noting that there have been plenty of genuine heroes within the US armed forces:

11 Likes

I listened to the Impeachment proceedings today because I was driving cross-country. At some point while listening to the Republicans make fools of themselves, I realized we are living in an absurdist dystopia. It’s not enough that everything is shit, it has to be ridiculous too.

:poop::sob:

15 Likes

“ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴇᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ꜰᴇʟʟ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴇꜱᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟʟʏ ɪꜰ ɪᴛ ᴡᴀꜱ ʙᴀꜱᴇᴅ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ ᴄʀᴜᴍʙʟɪɴɢ ɪɴꜰʀᴀꜱᴛʀᴜᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ.”

~ Unknown quote, seen on the side of a bus; still poignant a/f
9 Likes

There’s always an Akala lyric…

:musical_note: The tables will turn, we can but stall them
Every empire on this earth has fallen
So unless we can find another way
Maybe not today, but it will come one day :musical_note:

6 Likes

“Remember that all through history, there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they seem invincible. But in the end, they always fall. Always.” - Ghandi(ish)

8 Likes

should have gotten this guy to do it

5 Likes

Where’s James Earl Jones when you need him?

2 Likes

Yes. It is sad how – as I read those words on the side of a bus – citizens of an empire (as opposed to those whom the empire more harshly abuses) don’t want it to crumble.

2 Likes

In 2016, she received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Pennsylvania, where she double majored in sociology (with a concentration in law and society) and urban studies, and was a member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority.[10][11] She began attending Georgetown Law School in Washington, D.C. in 2017.[12]

From the font of all knowledge.

3 Likes

Mod Note: Folks are entitled to their opinion provided that it is within the guidelines, without being personally attacked or bullied for it. If you want to take issue with an opinion, you are free to do so, but debate the position, don’t attack the person.

Additionally: We are not Quora and do not require credentials to posit an opinion. If someone chooses to provide such information, fine, but if they do not do so, then do not ask them to - instead, don’t assume they have any special knowledge or expertise and treat their opinions with the appropriate weight in light of that fact.

Thank you.

7 Likes