Trump: Justice Dept should investigate identity of anonymous NY Times op-ed writer, because national security

To paraphrase Colbert, the ‘list of suspects’ is the number of all the people employed at the WH, minus one.

12 Likes

The hacker in me wonders if someone threw in “lodestar” to purposefully confuse stylometric analysis. Just like if @beschizza wanted to avoid being fingered as an op ed writer, he’d be sure to incorporate the word moist

9 Likes

As always, wrong, wrong wrong. It was Barron Trump. It’s as plain as a nose in your butt. [I’ve no idea what I mean by that, but it sounds funny]

9 Likes

No kidding! As long as my family doesn’t get incinerated in the process, the schadenfreude will be its own reward. The only reward, really.

6 Likes

Yeah, that is the dark ass cloud to the silver lining; too many people are and will continue to suffer behind this madness before it’s finally over.

I hope both your family and mine survive intact.

Live%202%20C

13 Likes

Anybody seen Eric?

12 Likes

“Mother” keeps them in her purse.

4 Likes

I dearly hope that happens… but – as improbable as it could be – the GOP’s standards may be even lower than currently expected.

3 Likes

The timing’s off for that. If Pence were to want Trump to blow a fuse so Pence could succeed to the Presidency, he would want to do it on or after January 21, 2019. If Pence takes over with less than half of Trump’s term left then he gets to try for two full terms of his own. If he took over now with more than half of Trump’s term left he would only get to run for re-election once.

Just under 10 years in charge trumps (pun intended) just over 6 years.

2 Likes

The part that’s hilarious to me is that a person hired by Trump says all these horrible things about him, and he can’t even narrow it down to 100 people.

15 Likes

He brought his own swamp with him. It’s the best swamp. It’s a YUGE swamp.

6 Likes

One can envision a pretty fancy nose in one’s butt.

If Deep Trout wants to make themselves useful, install Fortnite on Trump’s 5am phone. That might do it.

3 Likes

Or gay, or poor, or don’t believe in his particular flavour of evangelicalism. And you better hope there’s a god that will help you, if you contract HIV, because Mike Pence sure as fuck won’t.

He’s not level-headed, he’s stone cold. There’s a difference.

18 Likes

A lot of people seem to think it was Kellyanne, but I don’t know if I buy it. She’s stuck her neck out for trump in pretty much every circumstance that she had a credible opportunity to distance herself or outright disavow his actions and hasn’t. I don’t think she actually believes in any of it and I don’t think that most of his other confidants do either, but I just don’t see any evidence of a backbone.

Having said that, I don’t really see it in anyone else, so…

3 Likes

I un-liked your post just so I could like it again., :smiley:

5 Likes

By “national security” he means “Trump security”. He really doesn’t distinguish between the two. It’s really not that we have someone this amazingly, brazenly bad, but that he has a majority of defenders in the House and Senate :open_mouth:

2 Likes

just a reminder President Bush actually DID use government power to restrict/punish freedom of speech by putting Iraq War protesters on no-fly lists. That actually happened vs Trump talking to his imaginary friends.

3 Likes

He uses the singular possessive for the parts of the government he approves of (i.e. “my Generals just blew up some bad guys”) and refuses to even acknowledge the legitimacy of the parts of the government that displease him (like using scare quotes around “Justice” department).

He rarely if ever speaks of OUR government in terms that describe an institution that serves all Americans, especially Americans who disagree with him.

14 Likes

I don’t either. I’m thinking it’s someone with an intelligence community who intended to implicate Pence. Right now I’m leaning toward Pompeo being “anonymous”.

5 Likes