Trump lawyer Lin Wood suggests Justice John Roberts a pedophile in late-night rant

Given the amount of projection inherit in the GOP, maybe the FBI should talk to children he’s had interactions with and look for any contact with the Chinese government.

11 Likes

This is the queen, isn’t she beautiful? Just like Melania. I met the Queen, nice lady. Not like that nasty German Merkle. Nasty.
This is the king. They say he can only move one space. Not when I’m in charge. I’ll move him as far…most powerful piece on the board. Make kings great again. …

24 Likes

childrenB

5 Likes

One of the sadder aspects of all of this is - at least for Sidney Powell and Lin Wood - they were/are/could still be yet! very intelligent, hard working, and capable lawyers.

And clearly they’re charismatic, energetic, fearless … and yet they use all those useful traits for this clown show?

It is some kind of societal / ultimate human failure that we cannot figure out how to put people like this to work for the greater good. The truest, sickest strain of the American disease of individualism.

5 Likes

How else are grown adults supposed to respond to people doing things like mocking their submarines? (I am assuming, for the purpose of argument, that all grown adults are multi-billionaires).

4 Likes

On second thoughts, let's not got there, 'tis a silly place...

13 Likes

This conspiracy stuff seems to be mental poison. Once you start sucking it up, it will rot your mind, even if your brain’s technically still fine.

9 Likes

Not that I want to judge his psychological state, but there is legit talk that he really has suffered some kind of mental breakdown, early stage dementia or something.

From the article: " Back in September three former law partners sued Wood for fees tied to the dissolution of the partnership. They claim they had to quit because he’d essentially lost his mind. In the course of their filings they list a range of behavior from abusive to unstable and erratic all the way to perhaps even delusional. Again some of the claims are just ‘boss from hell.’ Others are more in the realm of genuine abuse and even violence."

(oops, sorry, behind paywall.)

14 Likes

Isn’t that clearly libel?

Seriously, the bar association of some of these lawyers needs to take some good hard looks at some of these people and decide they really shouldn’t be practicing law any more.

8 Likes

Foxes in charge of hen houses? Sounds like it. A little like state medical boards, usually made up of doctors. Very hesitant to actually go after anyone unless they are bad for the image. Witness the number of antivax doctors running around, proudly showing their freak flag and their medical credentials. “Would the medical board allow me to practice if I was wrong about this?” Yes, apparently so. I don’t know much about lawyers, but I have to imagine a similar attitude of protecting the professional privileges.

8 Likes

Anything to get clicks and eyeballs! Internet! Hear my bullshit and hear it loud!

1 Like

It may be financially viable. Much less work than actual lawyering, just a lot of social media craziness (which you can contract out), and asking the gullible for some contributions for “the fight”. It’s like being a televangelist except you don’t have to give sermons and you can take Sunday off. If you get disbarred, or legal trouble, or have to take your money and leave the country, it’s just proof that They were after you, and you barely escaped with your life. But you’re not giving up the fight, so please send…

6 Likes

I just realised who’s actually behind QAnon! A secret cabal of Aluminum executives! All those tin foil hats must have put a nice bit of padding to their pocketbooks.

14 Likes

What’s below the fold? Or beyond the paywall?

1 Like

Yeah - I think disbarment for this guy and others should be a great first step.

2 Likes

I totally agree with this. But these lawyers are fucking nut jobs and making lawyers look bad.

1 Like

Sorry, yes, behind paywall.

The relevant information is that he was sending them emails and phone calls in the middle of the night, saying they had wronged him in some unspecified way, and that “The Almighty” (which at times seemed to mean himself) would judge or mete out vengeance on them.

5 Likes

Possibly? do we know what direction the execs over at whoever owns Renyolds lean?

2 Likes

refer him to the Bar for discipline

He does seem to know a bit about defamation.

2 Likes