Trump lies about freezing up on stage

Face it; that’s not the weirdest thing he’s done in the middle of speeches.

8 Likes

Also, a day starting with a WTF. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

7 Likes

I know Dee Snider isn’t so keen about right wing chuds using his song at rallies.

The most cognitive dissonance I’ve seen with a song though is using RAtM’s Killing in the Name Of, which they seem to forget has lyrics before “fuck you, I won’t do what you tell me”.

7 Likes

Once upon a time Target ran an ad campaign using Devo’s “Beautiful World”. The ad ended before the final refrain, where the lyrics are

It’s a beautiful world
It’s a beautiful world
It’s a beautiful world
For you, for you, for you
It’s not for me

I suspect every spud in the world laughed their asses off at that self-own. They changed it pretty rapidly.

7 Likes

I swear there was a song like that I heard for advertising, where part of it was ok, but I was like “They aren’t going to play the rest of that song, are they?”

1 Like

I’d love to see Dolly Parton’s reaction to that song. I bet she’d be laughing her ass off.

3 Likes

Excellent. Thanks for sharing.

I’m dating myself, but to me a classic was when Microsoft licensed “Start Me Up” for its Windows 95 launch blitz: did they really want people to recall “You make a grown man cry”?

4 Likes

Nissan used one by The Fall (not sure exactly which song); Safeway used Lou Reed’s “Street Hassle” (or, some other recording that sampled it). Neither was SFW.

1 Like

OH! That jogs the memory.

One was a TV spot for Disney’s Dinosaur, and it uses the kick ass song of Crablouse by Lords of Acid. Which despite being an absolute banger, is completely inappropriate to play any lyrics.

3 Likes

I always thought this a curious choice of music. The song is called “Diamonds and Guns” by The Transplants — featuring lyrics about murder and heroin use. Not exactly the kind of uplifting material you want for hawking your shampoo.

2 Likes

I suspect they were aiming for “you make a dead man c*m.” Nah, they were just stupid…

Dude I LOVE that song. Whole album is decent.

1 Like

It’s a great album for sure. Some great rap rock. But incredibly NSFW content through and through. Certainly not an expected choice for a commercial.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.