Trump loses again!

Originally published at: Trump loses again! | Boing Boing

12 Likes

That’s a spicy ruling, good for Kaplan and good for Carroll for having the backbone to keep at it.

21 Likes

Did the court set a deadline for when that payment had to be completed?

15 Likes

‘Somehow Trump feels like he’s paid enough that he can just keep slandering Carroll.’

I assume he hasn’t paid a dime yet.

Quick question - after making a judgment, does the court set a time limit by which Trump will have to pay any damages?

11 Likes

This is like if a person assaults somebody, and the person they attacked is awarded damages for that assault, this doesn’t mean that, going forward, the assailant can continually throw punches at them whenever they feel like it.

8 Likes

He had to post the cash in order to appeal

12 Likes

Cash PLUS interest! And now he’s potentially having to pay twice as much…sad.

6 Likes

Thanks! It must be something of a record that someone finally got cash out of a Trump.

8 Likes

Call me when his 50 years of losing cases translates into dollar #1 coming of of his pocket to a victim.
He doesn’t even pay for his GoFundMe rallies.

4 Likes

Is she going to have to sue him to get him to pay for either settlement? He’s notorious for never paying anything that he is supposed to, if he thinks that he doesn’t have to.

1 Like
5 Likes

It’s not a settlement. A settlement is when the parties agree to a sum of money or other conditions in lieu of going to trial. Carroll has already sued and won a court judgment.

1 Like

Thanks. Is she going to have to sue him to get him to pay either judgement?

The “suing” part is done, at least as far as the first judgment goes.

Normally, if a defendant refuses to pay the plaintiff can ask the court to garnish wages or take other action to get the money. It’s basically up to the judge now.

2 Likes

If the bailiffs start taking stuff, who knows what classified stuff she’ll get.

2 Likes

Sounds like she’s not getting anything, because Trump will keep this tied up basically forever.

I recall a $25M judgement (and presumable payout) right around the 2016 election over his fraudulent joke of a university.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.