Donald Trump was found liable for sexually abusing E. Jean Carroll

Originally published at: Donald Trump was found liable for sexually abusing E. Jean Carroll | Boing Boing

16 Likes

Good.

38 Likes

Standing Ovation Yes GIF by The Maury Show

38 Likes

Scales Of Justice Corona GIF by INTO ACTION

31 Likes

While not jail time but hitting the traffic cone (yes I stole this) in his wallet will probably be just as impacting.

10 Likes

Obviously it’s great that the jury reached a swift and unanimous verdict, but I’m confused about where these numbers come from:

“Punitive damages” are specifically meant to be punishing to the defendant (as opposed to just compensating the victim) so why are the punitive damages so low in this case?

17 Likes

He’ll appeal until his campaign coffers inflate then bury the payout on maybe a Fri. afternoon.

10 Likes

Even more than the damage amount, it has been proved that the orange scumbag is a liar and a criminal. the trial has also proved that he is a craven coward. this is a good day.

23 Likes

a good beginning.

Of course all the fox’news’ audience and magats will be endlessly brainwashed that it’s nothing but an evil lib-rul witch-hunt (in ALL CAPS). And if anything via insane victim-hood will make trump’s republican nomination even more likely… but nonetheless

Excellent! [happy jig]

11 Likes

If he keeps doing it (i.e. impugning the plaintiff) does the plaintiff just go back to the well* again or start over with another lawsuit?

*(which may or may not be empty and/or its contents distributed among other secret wells)

Not paying a judgment debt is, I believe, contempt but what about claiming that the verdict is bogus?

(Edit for clarity & sellping)

9 Likes

Oh hey, we can finally use this.

27 Likes

My advice to E. Jean Carroll:

DO NOT ACCEPT A PERSONAL CHECK FROM THIS DEADBEAT

29 Likes

So what’s going to happen when he just flat out refuses to pay? I’m not being sarcastic, I really want to know. What’s the next level up on this, because I can’t imagine he’s just going to accept the judgement and pay up.

27 Likes

So does he back out of the CNN thingy tomorrow?

Does he do it and get a free pass?

Does he get asked tough questions that he answers incoherently?

Does CNN allow him to lie about everything?

Does he walk off at some point?

Is anyone on this forum going to watch?

I may try to watch but I doubt I can make it through the whole thing or even more than 5 minutes.

12 Likes

He won’t have to pay as long as there are appeals ongoing… if he gets to the end of possible appeals, and is still found liable, we’ll see how that’s handled… I’m not sure…

19 Likes

Sadly, I doubt a civil case could get him on the sex offender list.

13 Likes

Does he at least have to put the money into an account he cannot access until the appeals are done?

I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that he transferred his money elsewhere to avoid payment and declare himself bankrupt. (I mean, he is morally bankrupt, and his finances are a weird mess anyways, so…)

11 Likes

Point of order: He answers all questions incoherently.

20 Likes

No idea, but what do you think, given how these sorts of cases are normally treated, when it comes to rich white men committing acts of violence against women.

13 Likes

I’m guessing: no, yes, no, yes, yes, no.

3 Likes