Trump makes it easy to forget what a dumpster fire all the other GOP nomination hopefuls were

I don’t know if that’s deliberate strategy or not but it probably works. I read the Weinberger article, and appalling as it is to read all shit condensed into one huge steaming pile, it seems to me the rest of their party thinks and acts the same. It’s not just limited to the assholes running for president on the republican side.

1 Like

I disagree with the term “dumpster fire”. A dumpster fire only lasts for a few hours, and is unlikely to spread.

17 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.

1 Like

So in other words, Trump is serving his purpose well, making the rest of these lunatics look much more acceptable by comparison. It’s been observed many times that Reagan no longer seems conservative in contrast to the current Republicans. To go with that, the Democrats are the closest thing to a left wing that we’re likely to get elected to any significant office in the US, even if most of them are centrists at best.

In short, the rest of the GOP nominations are to Trump, what being gut shot is to being gut shot, poisoned, set on fire, and dumped into a pit of strong acid.

3 Likes

Totally a “Classic” article, definitely worth saving! This one will go right into the ‘save forever’ folder! Thanx, Cory. Evidence for the darker days yet to come…because whoever IS elected will appoint the next couple of Supreme Court robots.

Dumpster fire is not accurate

16 Likes

Oh, so that explains the shock of orange atop the ticket!

6 Likes

Uploading…

1 Like

Not only are they awful people, but almost none of them had anything approaching charisma or charm which I think had a lot to do with Trump’s easy overthrow of the party platform. As much as I hate to say it, Paul Ryan (who I think is also an awful person) is the only GOP member I can see being able to actually handle interviews without either coming off as a total slimeball (Christie, Cruz), a badly programmed robot (Rubio) or just crazy (That doctor dude who’s name I forgot).

Trump is a career businessman and someone who has obviously learned how to handle crowds and presentations. I think he’s terrible, but he’s by far the most charismatic and likeable of the candidates on the GOP side.

2 Likes

I find it hilarious both sides think he’s a false flag agent (in opposite ways.)

1 Like

Article mentions the upcoming RNC in Cleveland, and how even Kasich, Republican Gov of Ohio (and failed 2016 pres candidate) is not going to be in attendance. That sounds really strange. How common is it for the Gov in the hosting state, if they are of that party, to attend? Especially given Ohio’s significant electoral footprint?

1 Like

His name is Ben Carson…you know, who Sara Palin would be if she had a medical degree.

3 Likes

Carson’s addled musings are way too somnambulant to be confused with Palin’s brand of incoherent mania.

7 Likes

It’s kind of cute watching other people become acquainted with our half-eaten shit casserole of a governor. Watching other people learn to hate him is like watching children learn a stove is hot.

10 Likes

It’s unprecedented from what I understand, and it doesn’t bode well for Trump’s ability to capture Ohio’s electoral votes, which, as you point out, are pretty significant.

What may be even more telling, though, is that some of the traditional delegates–party leaders–are also skipping the convention, forcing the Trump campaign to call in ordinary people to serve as delegates. And those people have to pay all their own expenses and are finding it pretty costly.

I remember when Trump offered to pay the legal fees of any supporter who beat up a protester. I’m surprised he’s not offering to do the same for some of his financially-strapped delegates. And I understand how they might feel–it is a pretty exciting opportunity, but if his own delegates are going to put themselves into debt for years to come what does that say about what a Trump presidency could mean?

4 Likes

I’m just thankful that my parents’ home (and the Cleveland Jewish community, for that matter) are a fair distance from the actual location of the GOP convention. I just hope that Trump’s Neo-Nazi followers don’t find out about Beachwood and decide to amuse themselves.

2 Likes

Certainly, invoking @chgoliz is never inappropriate (Help us, chgoliz-wan, you’re our only hope), but I confess your comment and @AcerPlatanoides’s confuse me. Is this a new meme only the cool kids know about? [pouts]

That’s easy, the player has skin thinner than one of his dwindling hairs, the player’s wife knows how to take a punch and play the long game. The latter is FAR more suited to the nasty sport of running the US of A.

3 Likes