Trump makes it easy to forget what a dumpster fire all the other GOP nomination hopefuls were

Not quite.

Sadly Chicago Liz has decided to forgo commenting here anymore, due to ‘because we said so’ reasons within the current interface.

The avi tributes are our response to the limit on likes.
Instead of using the limited heart button, we’re showing affirmation the long way.

Btw, I like it that you noticed.

:heart_exclamation:

Star from the Chicago flag?

I dunno, I think its from a phrase where members were using Love Boat avatars, but that was before my time.

@chgoliz

So sad. She’ll be missed. I don’t want to derail this thread, so is there a link where she states why? And can we start a petition?

2 Likes

I’m up for this.

Seems stupid that I can’t acknowledge all the great stuff people post, be it silly, snarky or informative. It’s worse that it makes me feel like I favouring person one over another due to an arbitrary limit.

And it’s utter fucking bullshit that this causes people to feel the need to leave. I don’t know what the reasoning is behind this limit, but it’s wrong and it’s being done wrong*. It’s counter-productive, and it’s flat-out bad.

.* Oooh! I English so good when mad. :smiley:

3 Likes

There is, but it’s in the lounge.

Back on topic;

@M_M:

I like your input.

:heart_exclamation:

7 Likes

You can join us!

And I like both of your comments :two_hearts:!

1 Like

I like you English! :love_letter:

2 Likes

*lolz

I like the sentiment just the same.

:heart:

I can see he’s a red.

(Responding to the infographic)

So by slashing higher education and making it impossible for foreign workers with higher education to immigrate here, it’s not that he wants to make America great again, he clearly wants to make it dumb again. He wants a gullible, superstitious, America that’s easily controlled by fear, hatred, and religious ideology where only the elite knows the facts and everyone else lives in ignorance.

They looked at the Arab world a thousand years ago with its advanced math and science (Arabic numerals, algebra, algorithms) and how it turned is back on it for religious fundamentalism and they said to themselves, “Yes, sign me up for that plan.”

We’d all be living in a field picking bugs off each other if not for our scientific advances. There’s nothing more important to a society’s growth and future than higher education. This is not the time to turn our back on it; it’s time to double down on it.

15 Likes

Wait, it was just a phase?

I’m so behind the times.

7 Likes

Again, this is just hearsay on my part; again it was before my time here.

:slight_smile:

But I do really LIKE your current avatar.

``

6 Likes

Heck, I used to live in University Heights and even I’ve never heard of Beachwood. (I thought it was just a nickname for a neighborhood in Shaker.)

Well, when the corporatists can get everything they want and more from the Democrats now, all the other party has to do is just look ridiculous, right?

1 Like

I’m working that into a song. Thanks for the inspiration.

3 Likes

Well, that’s where the Jewish community in the area is effectively centered; heck, we’ve got Synagogue Row right over there on Green Road, with four synagogues literally right next to each other, and another… 4? 5? (depending on how you count them) within a two mile radius.

And it’s pretty much a straight shot down Shaker Blvd from there down to the RNC, or visa versa. I may not like my old community very much, but wishing to inflict Trump supporters on them is going too far.

1 Like

Oh. Thanks for explaining that.
Although I have more questions now that are probably none of my business.

No problem

:heart:
``