Trump now privately denies authenticity of the Access Hollywood tape

Can’t wait for 2017 Trump to start a twitter flamewar with 2016 Trump.

9 Likes

Sounds to me like he’s just plain old mentally disabled. Like, he literally has difficulty understanding events except in terms of how they’re directly about him.

In all seriousness, if Turmp had serious mental health issues to begin with – which isn’t a huge “if” – how is being President likely to affect that? I mean, if I started to think the TV was talking to me, I would at least on some level be able to see I was having a psychotic break.

But the TV is talking to Turmp. He’s in a position that’s almost entirely insulated from normal. If your grip on reality starts to fail in that situation, it’s likely to fail all the way.

5 Likes

Assuming the videos do include other people (there’s reportedly footage of Trump being really racist on the Apprentice set), and those people are fine with suddenly being the hostile focus of the president of the USA and millions of his rabid followers. Many people in that situation would do their best to hide, not speak up.

It’s amazing that no one has managed to force that on him, yet. Shows that he’s not kept under much of a leash when it comes to his destructive (and self-destructive) impulses, disturbingly.

1 Like

Typo aside (unless that was intentional, in which case, bravo!), it makes a certain amount of sense that someone as psychopathic and unempathetic as Trump would secrete endogenous oxycodone rather than oxytocin.

5 Likes

Wait, so… wait… what did we all see? Was that Cartoon Trump in that tape? Was it Max Headroom Trump? Did the tape not exist at all, and the Anima Mundi just dreamed the whole thing?

1 Like

He’ll see himself as winning either way.

1 Like

Or, even more likely, that whether or not he believes the tape is real varies with his mood.

4 Likes

A lot of what Trump does reminds me of my father who has Alzheimer’s. Don’t get me wrong, my father isn’t a horrible monster and is the complete opposite of Trump in all his political views, but there’s the same denial of evidence, the same stubborn belief that he knows better than anyone, anywhere, ever, even if they’re an expert in a field he knows nothing about, the same believing what he wants to believe and hearing what he want to hear. I don’t think Trump should escape from any consequences based on his mental state, given his clear history of being evil even decades ago, but I highly doubt his brain is still all there.

8 Likes

… or at least winning the House Cup.

I don’t know if that was a pun, unintended autocorrect, or serious but it was pretty great.

3 Likes

I read it as an intentional play on words.

1 Like

Well, thank you all for thinking I’m smarter than I am. But alas, just a typo (not even a phone auto-correct).

This is what a reality distortion field collapsing into a singularity from which only the purest nonsense can escape looks like, isn’t it?

2 Likes

With sufficient control of the media, it can be.

Let’s just call it ‘Freudian’ then, because it still makes perfect sense.

Trump suffers from a sort of reverse Truman Show syndrome. He thinks he is the main character in a reality TV show, and the rest of us are actors scripted to react to him.

6 Likes

He is mentally ill. So are most of his supporters. Our country is a very sick place full of sickos.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.