Trump: old man screams about crimes

Originally published at: Trump: old man screams about crimes | Boing Boing

9 Likes

28 Likes

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at that.

7 Likes

Well, installing a bigoted game show host who plays a billionaire on TV into the White House was a completely unheard of scenario, so here we are.

29 Likes

Unprecedented crimes have unprecedented consequences? What kind of justice system would allow that?

21 Likes

The topic should be longer than 5 days. It’s going to be evergreen for a while.

20 Likes

i just try to picture him screaming all that while wearing an orange jumpsuit and it kind of makes me feel better, for a minute.

13 Likes

Trump: old man spoiled bully screams cries about crimes like a baby

16 Likes

if i all-caps so much as that i’d have the decency to cardiac out; but noooo

(the covfefe-ometers shall be pegged before the denouement)

10 Likes

The fact that Trump keeps spouting these not-so-thinly veiled threats against the DOJ, Jack Smith, Bragg, etc. will come back to bite him in the Jan. 6th indictment-- will be hard for him to claim he wasn’t fanning the flames of violence when he’s still fanning the flames of violence.

13 Likes

“Why didn’t they bring these ridiculous charges years before – Why did they wait to bring them NOW,” demands Trump.

To which we all wholeheartedly agree. Perhaps he’d be serving time in Leavenworth now if they had.

12 Likes

Correction: “Old man fundraises by screaming incoherent messages to idiots.”

25 Likes

NOTHING CAN STOP WHAT IS COMING. NOTHING.

What scares me is that should he get the nomination and lose again, he’ll almost certainly call his followers to DC and try to storm the White House and/or Capitol again.

11 Likes

I’d almost love to see that, with SWAT teams and .mil folks prepared to defend. BRING YOUR SORRY ASSES.

11 Likes

The wait can be frustrating as hell but this is a pretty normal timescale for investigating and prosecuting major Federal crimes. It takes time to issue and follow up on subpoenas, to build cases against underlings until they flip and spill the beans on the higher-ups, etc.

Better to do a thorough investigation and make sure they get it right than try to rush it and screw up the case in the process.

14 Likes

When my kid asks if we’re going to be doing anything today, we tell her we’re taking her to the No-fun Un-fair (along with the museum of slowly drying beige paint). She’s nearing double-digits, so she’s getting to the point where she just kind of rolls her eyes. Interesting to see similar levels of discourse in official communications from the former President of the USA.

4 Likes

Oh, I know. I was just poking fun at Mr. Trump for his dumb comment/question. I’m glad the Justice Dept. is taking its time getting everything buttoned up before indicting him. Here’s hoping all their prep pays off with a sweet conviction that any reasonable person will agree is deserved.

7 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/28/politics/hillary-clinton-email-timeline/index.html

Comey’s shenanigan on Cliton’s email only get blew up in July, 2016, 5 months before the vote while this one is way far ahead before next year election. This makes the claim about interference full of shit. This screaming “but her emails” crap contributed significantly to his surprised win in 2016.

LOCK HIM UP. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

7 Likes

I saw a quote somewhere that went “the wheels of justice are slow to turn, but move with inexorable certainty.” (I could have gotten it wrong, though…)

4 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes