Trump on Gordon Sondland: 'I hardly know the gentleman'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/08/trump-on-gordon-sondland-i.html

7 Likes

I hardly know this guy… who I had lunch with regularly and have dozens of pictures with him… not at all.

23 Likes

I’m beginning to wonder if Trump has been introduced to anyone working in his administration.

32 Likes

15 Likes

I can’t wait to read a quote to this effect referring to Donald Junior.

29 Likes

It might be closer to the truth.

16 Likes

tenor

Did not see that coming! /s

10 Likes

I hope Washington, D.C. has a budget for washing advisor-blood off the bus tires.

11 Likes

He’ll never be able to say that about Rudy.

Cp7rw2NUEAA8S-5

20 Likes

“I barely knew Rudy… except in the Biblical sense.”

14 Likes

Today’s word is “embussing.”

Sample usage: “Ambassador Sondlund was embussened this morning by his employer.”

23 Likes

I don’t know why anybody thinks that Trump will do anything that isn’t in his own personal best interest. Loyalty only goes one way with this guy.

13 Likes

:trophy: ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! :notes:
#neologismFTW

10 Likes

Never underestimate how low Trump will go - he’d say that about his children.

15 Likes
21 Likes

Trump is either a liar, grossly incompetent or both here.

He personally made this man ambassador to the entire EU. The fucking EU. And, took over 1 million from him?

I think we all knew he was both a long long time ago, but to actually try to deny he knows him? Just stunning display of ignorance and desperation on quite literally an international scale by one man.

Its like I can actually watch evolution in reverse with him, fascinating. Where are the scientists? They should be studying this man for possible treatments to reverse genetic stupidity. Oh wait. He pissed them all off too.

7 Likes

I think we’re being unfair to Trump here. He might be speaking more existentially, observing that none of us can truly know another person. How can any person claim to know the complexity of another’s soul, their innermost desires and fears, the depths of sadness and joy that leave their imprints?

He’s probably just trying to say that in the end, the best any of us can do is to strive to know ourselves as best we can, making an examined life for one’s self worth living.

That’s probably it.

25 Likes

Just to be clear, the ambassador to the EU does not replace or have authority over ambassadors to individual member states. The US Mission to the European Union only represents the US in dealings with EU institutions.

The EU has an equivalent mission in Washington.

5 Likes

So 2 Chorinthians is the new Cleveland Steamer?

5 Likes

Yeah, I have a feeling if you ask him who Barron was, he’d probably say something like “You mean Rockefeller? Heard he was a great guy. The BEST!”.

5 Likes