Trump pitches a fit over the Lincoln Project's latest ad

At this point the “raids” and confiscations just make him look weak, and make his supporters look around for the new flavor :lollipop:

4 Likes

What does the Lincoln Project think about DeSantis? I can see them going all in for Liz Cheney but I don’t know about DeSantis.

6 Likes

He continued… “And I had cornflakes for breakfast and I watched YouTube and also my dad is a fireman”

Shut the fuck up Donnie.

11 Likes

“Every dollar you sent him paid to keep his shaky business empire and lavish lifestyle going”

That is a pretty strong statement. It could be shown to be false if just one dollar went towards whatever he promised instead. Let’s hope he hasn’t stumbled into a win.

1 Like

The only wins that matter are the elections of 2016, 2020, and 2024, and so far he’s 1 for 2

4 Likes

If you don’t see the con, you’re the mark.

3 Likes

Yup, I mean the Lincoln Project ads are clever – no doubt about it, but I hesitate to amplify anything they say. We may have a shared enemy, they are not and never will be our friends.

13 Likes

If the purpose of their ad it to provoke a reaction from Trump then I guess it worked. If the purpose is to try to persuade Trump voters to drop their support of him then I’m not sure that explicitly calling them “suckers” does much besides make them mad at the Lincoln Project. Don’t get me wrong: anyone who willingly voted for that guy and/or gave him money is absolutely a sucker, and much worse. But explicitly insulting the people whose minds you’re trying to change generally doesn’t work well in advertisements.

3 Likes

A la collectible baseball cards, I expect cards to be released of Strip Mall Lawyers, stats and all. No longer in the shadows, with offices situated alongside laundromats and nail salons. Finally. This is their time.

3 Likes

Fuck. Has a liminal space ambiance… but with a person in — no, there is no person there. Pure liminal space. Creepy.

When fighting Fascism, one must use and encourage the use of any weapon that comes along.

13 Likes

Okay, now let’s add real nightmare fuel.

Imagine if Cyriak had done it.

4 Likes

GULP

1 Like

I agree that it is significant that Fox News is airing it. I’d be curious if they have run Lincoln Project ads before.

Also: The Lincoln project is getting better at trolling the King Troll himself. Trump threatens lawsuits all the time though. If they could get him to actually suit them, that would be the real “Streisand Effect” coup.

5 Likes

Which often makes me wonder who these ads are really for.

4 Likes

I’ve just got home from seeing Arcade Fire in London, it’s 3.30am, and I’ve just watched that video.
I must be out of my fucking mind! :flushed:

4 Likes

It really doesn’t sound like it, though. He’s reportedly been largely failing to find any half-way decent representation lately, which is why the judge in the documents case had to do his lawyers’ job for them and act as an advocate (e.g. by bringing up legal arguments his lawyers had failed to do).

4 Likes

To be fair, with a judge like that, he didn’t need lawyers.

15 Likes

Yup!! Even if some of them are scuzzy.

The Lincoln Project basically just enjoys provoking Trump - that has been half of the fun for them all along.

And face it, if someone is still a Trump supporter at this point, they are absolutely unpersuadable otherwise. They’ll either stay in the cult or they’ll have to make up their own minds to get out.

12 Likes

Don’t fool yourself into thinking that the members of the Lincoln Project are anything other than the absolute scum of the earth. They are just a slightly less repugnant scum of the earth than Trumpists.

5 Likes

Nicely done, except that the maker(s) could’ve gone further and depicted him without the fancy hair. He might well have trouble maintaining that in prison.

4 Likes