Trump pushes false Obamagate conspiracy, abuses female reporters in White House press conference

That poor line has moved out of the house, down the road, and is on it’s way to the moon.

24 Likes

But whose skin?

12 Likes

Just to scream it out loud from the mountain tops one more time: the investigation showed without a doubt that Trump did it: everything that they were investigating him for and more. He is guilty as sin.

15 Likes

From what I gather it’s the claim that Obama orchestrated the Mueller investigation, and eventually Trump’s impeachment via Flynn and Carter Page.

The evidence for this is that Flynn once worked for the Obama administration, along with Obama’s recent endorsement of Biden and public criticism of Trump. It’s been out there for a while, but only got a name and an “it’s the real scandal” just now.

The rough outline of it seems to be that either Obama magically made Trump hire Flynn knowing he was sketchy, then had his deep state lackeys investigate knowing they’d find Flynn with Page being a pretext to uncover Flynn. Or that Flynn was working for Obama and he made Carter Page do things.

It seems very confused. Trump’s camp had been bitching that Obama didn’t warn Trump about Flynn even though they new Flynn Bad. When it was pointed out that Obama fucking fired the guy and there’s a public record of the Obama transition team, including Obama himself, warning them not to involve themselves with him. The story became that the firing and warning were part of the conspiracy to place Flynn.

Long story short:

Everything is Obamas fault. Deep State. Deep State. Deep State.

17 Likes

Furthermore, he’s guilty as sin of tax crimes, him and a lot of other guys – guys who would be in jail if the Serjeant-at-Arms would get busy and arrest Secretary of the Treasury Steve Mnuchin for contempt of subpoena.

10 Likes

20 Likes

Definitely the mustard.

1 Like

ScarceNewDromaeosaur-small

And yet, thoroughly believable.

15 Likes

Even as Mass Murderer Trump’s mental state continues to deteriorate towards apocalyptic insanity, I still suspect the worst thing that could happen is that he contracts a fatal case of COVID-19. Imagine how his sociopathic idiocy would be eulogized – if not outright idolized – after martyrdom like that. Republicans would use the Legend of Trump to rationalize every suicidal gesture they made afterwards, right up to the moment when they clearly signed humankind’s death warrant. And make no mistake, that’s exactly the direction these bastards are going.

8 Likes

They will anyway.

10 Likes

Well, his now.

6 Likes

Well, duh. His catchphrase was never. “Welcome to the team!”, right?

4 Likes

I seem to remember The Invisibles’ Lord Fanny had a way to deal with guys who did that…

tumblr_mna1wf6W2C1rmaftto1_500

15 Likes

One of these press conferences is going to produce the next “Downfall” video. We won’t know which until there is a last one.

12 Likes

And it’s all undercut by the fact that Obama personally told Trump that Flynn was untrustworthy and not to bring him into the administration. I still don’t understand why so many conservatives are willing to go to such lengths to defend a military intelligence officer who was fired for incompetence and secretly worked for the Turkish government.

17 Likes

Because there’s political leverage to be gained by being willfully ignorant.

7 Likes

That’s where you’re wrong. See Obama knew Trump would never hire Flynn on his say so. So a year before Trump even announced his candidacy Obama fired him, and he only warned Trump away from him because he knew that was the best way to get Trump to hire him!

Or something.

And I wish I was joking.

8 Likes

There’s a whole three-and-a-half year administration under way working on that premise.

4 Likes
12 Likes

So Flynn works for Obama. Obama tells Trump not to trust Flynn. Trump hires Flynn anyway and shit soon hits the fan.

I guess it was just some tricky reverse psychology trick. Clearly by Obama telling Trump not to trust Flynn he knew that Trump would hire him. Therefore the Russia probe is Obama’s fault. QED

(It really must be exhausting to perform these kind of mental gymnastics. Almost makes me feel bad for Cult 45.)

7 Likes