Trump reportedly wished COVID would take out John Bolton

Originally published at: Trump reportedly wished COVID would take out John Bolton | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I didn’t wish that COVID would not take out John Bolton.

15 Likes

I wish the goblins would take him away, Right Now!

15 Likes

Meh. Half the country was wishing Covid would have taken Trump out.

28 Likes

How many lives would that have saved?

6 Likes

Depends who took his place. Would Pence have done a better job? Maybe? Wasn’t he already in charge of some “task force”?

That whole administration was full of incompetent sycophants.

9 Likes

I will never wish ill health on mass-murdering traitor Trump. I want him alive, healthy, and imprisoned in the deepest, darkest hole the U.S. penal system has to offer. I want him to be as conscious of his disgrace and degradation as possible. I want the names and life stories of every goddamn U.S. COVID-19 victim flashed in front of him 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I want the families of the victims to visit his tiny prison cell every day to tell their stories and curse him for his crimes, and I don’t want him to be able to say one goddamn word to them in response.

I don’t wish Donald Trump dead, but I want him to reach the point where he wishes he was dead.

15 Likes

It’s yet another reminder that Biff is such an objectively garbage person that he can’t even be supportive of another objectively garbage person. Nothing we didn’t know already, but it adds to the corpus of evidence in a country where tens of millions still worship him as a hero.

6 Likes

You don’t think a large chunk of the COVID denialists would have taken a lesson from something like that?

2 Likes

I know I wasn’t the only one with their fingers crossed for the wrong reasons when a certain president was diagnosed with COVID.

I’m not proud.

I can’t say I’m really ashamed though, either.

Something about that particular form of death seemed appropriate-- the guy who denied COVID was serious, said it would just go away, didn’t want to wear a mask, touted a drug that didn’t work, took credit for a vaccine he didn’t work on . . . .

Trump is a horrible person. He has no redeeming moral values. He wanted to use nukes on both Iran and hurricanes. He loved dictators. He couldn’t open his mouth without lying, and he influenced a huge portion of the US to be equally crude, selfish and pushy.

How could I not quietly wish for his death from COVID?

21 Likes

I’m surprised that Pence didn’t just tell Republicans to sacrifice a lamb and put it’s blood on their door

10 Likes

Both Trump and De Pfeffel got treatment that the rest of us would have been denied unless we were seriously ill.

8 Likes

How many lives would that have saved?

A rational transaction. One life for millions.

hans-zarkov-a4081328-4b88-41fa-a7db-e7bf444834c-resize-750

4 Likes

I dunno. I think it is a futile exercise to second guess the depths of stupidity.

5 years ago I would have agreed with you entirely.

Yeah, that backs up my cynicism. Although I am sure the inaction with HIV was because it was seen as primarily affecting “the gays”. Covid was killing off good Christian men.

So I get it a 50/50 chance that it would have significantly saved lives if Trump had died of Covid. But we can’t really test “what ifs” like that.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Half the world

8 Likes

Good point. When he dies there’s likely to be a large number of the denialists denying it and analyzing the photos of his corpse, another group will start seeing him around like Elvis, another will expect him to rise from the dead on the third day.

5 Likes

Tendency to wish something bad might happen to X = k / X_proximity_to_trump

(wherein an infinite wish tendency is acceptable)

1 Like

About 400,000.
(I used a time machine to test that hypothesis.)

2 Likes

Pence exacerbated the spread of HIV in Indiana, so I’m guessing that would be a wash.

3 Likes