Trump resembles traitor Benedict Arnold in GOP-promoted portrait

Donald Trump had cowardly bone spurs, but Benedict Arnold’s foot was decorated.

4 Likes

Technically a Gorgon.

4 Likes

Are there awards for bad art… because – politics aside – that one really sucks.

2 Likes

I feel it exactly captured the Presidential Hands.

2 Likes

Here’s a photoshopped version I found. Normal hands… but…

17 Likes

Right. If it was the tree of liberty, the girl would be holding a pitcher of blood.

5 Likes

I used to know some people who planted a tree in a road during a road building protest (one of the British ones during the 90s). The government and cops did not react like that.

7 Likes

To my eyes, those are so way over the top: I can’t tell if Tomova really believes all their shit or if she’s trying to sneak in a subtle troll-job that Republicans may or may not pick up on in the future.

4 Likes

pretty sure all of the powder, and the lead ball, would have fallen right out when held that way so accidental firing isn’t really a problem.

he’s loves to run around half-cocked, has long since lost his marbles, and is used to firing blanks – so nothing new here.

3 Likes

If your ball rolls out of the barrel, it’s too small, they had to be rammed in.

6 Likes

Guess you don’t know much about muzzleloaders. The ball is held in with a patch, and rammed in tightly. Stuff doesn’t just roll around in the barrel.

2 Likes

I don’t know - that’s a pretty small target area. Might not be much difference between “before” and “after”.

3 Likes

The hands made me do a double take. Well-played!

2 Likes

The surprised look on his face?

4 Likes

Tbf trigger discipline absolutely wasn’t a thing in the 18th century, when this presumably is supposed to take place.

A good marksman does practice on small targets…

3 Likes

Ha. I’d go so far as to say that the “hope” poster, as a photograph of Obama looking serious and thoughtful (which he is) stylized slightly into an icon, is basically the diametric opposite of the Trump paintings, which are all shit like this, at best:

14 Likes

That is sooooooooooo weird. :smiley:

8 Likes

Honestly, it’s one of the least weird Trump paintings I’ve seen, even for a Jon McNaughton painting. (I think the painting where Trump and Melania are riding a motorcycle is weirder.) All the Jon McNaughton paintings of Trump are ridiculous because they paint him as: either a “founding father,” or a kind, empathetic, religious man helping his fellow Americans, so the cognitive dissonance generated just by looking at them is high. The sincerity on display is disturbing, as it’s sincerely presenting ideas that are so obviously delusional. But then there’s the totally batshit stuff, where the line between parody and sincerity evaporates - even for Trump fans, there’s a superficial layer of irony, but it’s there to mask that they sincerely buy into something that’s not just absurd, but obviously insane.

For example, this image was apparently created as a joke, but got adopted, unironically, by some of the most fervent Trump fans, including that guy who was sending everyone bombs in the mail:

15 Likes

Seeing the Sidney Powell portrait: I literally gagged.
How 'bout a spoiler-blur on that, guys? It’s NSFL.

1 Like