Trump resembles traitor Benedict Arnold in GOP-promoted portrait

packed in because of powder, no? the ball has to be smaller than the tube because otherwise it will neither go in nor out.

yes, a small downward incline isnt going to cause it to fall out, but there’s also a reason in duels that you held your gun with the muzzle to the sky before aiming and firing.

more than trump, and more than the painter that’s for sure.

pistols were loaded right before being fired. you didn’t stuff them into your belt loaded. jebus the potential for a spark against the flint from your belt buckle would blow your pants right off.

1 Like

That’s because it was done in the slimming “portrait” mode, and not landscape…

1 Like

As weird as “Zyglon” Ben Garrison?

[LOL: “Trump’s First Term”]

5 Likes

so global warming has flooded dc? and the nation has fallen so behind technologically that people are back to lanterns?

odd, odd.

4 Likes

Titled, “God Dammit! I thought we were draining this! Not making more!”

2 Likes

He’s George Washington, fighting, er, the alligators in the swamp of DC…even though he’s ignoring them?

2 Likes

7 Likes

Here’s a quick little video about loading and firing a muzzle-loader.

Wow, that “art” work is really embarrassing … both for content and execution.

1 Like

yup. here i am on the bbs defending a joke about trump because people like their shoot-shoots so much.

a) that’s not a pistol.
b) he never faces it downwards, or even brings it close to level.
c) he doesn’t have it jammed in his pants.

is this conversation really worth the time? no, it is not.

4 Likes

I suspect any number of formal firearms drill manuals of the day would beg to differ, but I’m no expert.

Sorry, I was’t trying to have a go at you. I just find things like that interesting.

3 Likes

thanks. and yeah, more than fair.

the history of guns is pretty neat with the various inventions and changes in tooling over time. now, if only our laws were allowed to keep pace with the corresponding increase in damage and death the tech has caused…

4 Likes

I bet not! But what a beautiful gesture…

Also, that kind of reminds me of the tree that owns itself over in Athens (GA):

The son of the tree that owns itself is currently still owning itself…

5 Likes

So, basically even if you’re right about the ball and powder coming out of the barrel, and the chance of a spark (you’re not, but okay), it doesn’t matter, since they " were loaded right before being fired". So carrying it like that wouldn’t be a problem.

I hope McNaughton has to go back and repaint that one with new faces for everyone who has “betrayed” fearless leader since it was finished.

5 Likes

Is this a bunch of old white guys duck hunting? That is the best possible spin I can put on it!

3 Likes

That one doesn’t mention the trigger (or firing the gun) at all but I agree that soldiers would probably have been told not to touch the trigger before they are ready. That said the modern conception of trigger discipline with the straight finger is not something that existed back then. And that’s what’s being depicted.

Dang! Beat me to it.

1 Like

Excellent editorial from Tampa Bay Times calling Trump out as a fascist

^^^ Don’t know if y’all have seen this gem. And as an added bonus, I learned a new word today, and that doesn’t happen often any more!

Autogolpe meaning “self-coup”

I dropped the link to the editorial because the guy talks a bit about the weird worshipful “Trump as Founding Father” stuff, too.

6 Likes