Trump responds to "golden showers" Russian report with hysterical ALLCAPS tweet

Am I the only one who wonders if the intelligence agencies really use memos anymore? Didn’t they get the memo that email is a thing now? The document looks like it comes from the Nixon era.

Having worked for government contractors back in the day, with some friends at the places I worked who had previously worked in intelligence agencies, I think it is possible that our spy agencies actually still compile “dossiers” in manilla folders with big “top secret” stamps on them, but wow this is absurd.

2 Likes

This isn’t from an intelligence agency. Even if it’s real, it’s from an ex-intelligence agent, doing oppo on Trump.

Maybe they didn’t think sending emails to the Clinton campaign was a secure way of communicating.

13 Likes

I stole and modified it myself, so feel free. Let a million flowers bloom!

(The version I saw had a “Please” which didn’t seem right, and was using a hokey font, so I had to fix it.)

3 Likes

Yes, and though calling people “retarded” is something that people do, maybe it’s not something someone campaigning to be the president of the US should on stage. You know what I mean? Like, maybe have enough self control to not act like that when the camera is on and a bunch of people are watching. He’s performing for people who like that he’s mean.

10 Likes

Sometimes leaks just happen. You can only hold back urine for so long.

10 Likes

They do what parents do at home: have a waterproof mattress cover underneath the fitted sheet, protecting the mattress.

4 Likes

I wonder if the formatting of ‘products’ has more to do with the desires and expectations of (presumably mostly older) senior staff and political higher-ups?

Even if it is more convenient, ‘email’ is how you communicate with colleagues. A ‘memo’ is a far more formal pronouncement; and a dossier is like the James Bond equivalent of an ‘executive summary’, prepared for a figure of importance by their staff.

Sort of like the persistence of yeomen in film(either sharply dressed young officer type or hot woman) whose apparent sole purpose is to dash from offscreen and hand the commanding officer a datapad; even though this is sci-fi, they are on a spaceship, and whatever report is being delivered could just be sent over the ship’s WLAN to the commanding officer in a fraction of a second.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure that our government does still rely on printed documents to go up to the top of the chain, but I do think the formatting of the document is amusingly old school.

You should really reflect on how this is your takeaway.

Having lived with and worked for (and worked in the same office with) people like him, I can tell you that some people really do use the instability of uncontrollable rage to get what they want. It’s a con artist thing. There have been threads here talking about how one of the initial steps in a con is to do something that a savvy person would pick up on and thus walk away from. A couple of those steps in a row, and the people who are left are the most likely to fall for the con. This can work at the family or business level because they’re small enough universes for the con artist to control. The problem we have now is that so many of us can see the con but are stuck with the repercussions anyway because a minority of suckers invited him to take over at the national level.

12 Likes

I honestly think he figured … hey I’m in the public limelight already … I’ve been scrutinized … most people love me… look at my ratings … if obama can take everything thrown at him then I can take everything thrown at me! I’m better than him!

And … that’s all false. He’s a terrible person with a terrible temperament. He barely won the election regardless of how many times he claims he won big. He’s going to go down in flames because he’s careless, thoughtless, and mentally unable to keep it together when he feels like he’s under attack. Whether the attack be from Rosie O’Donnell, Meryl Streep, a newspaper, or a political opponent. He’s unfit for office in every possible way.

10 Likes

5 Likes

He is. And pretty much anyone else would have dropped out or resigned if they were facing the allegations he has (to spend more time with their families?). His plan of just ignoring all of them and brazening it all out is pretty unprecedented.

15 Likes

The highest security stuff is usually done with the lowest tech possible. Makes it impossible to hack.

12 Likes

The GOP will brush it off as irrelevant unless their constituents find it problematic enough to call their offices and demand something be done. In that case, they’ll either actually do something or contrive to look like their doing something, but actually do nothing. Then, hopefully, the congress will flip because people are so pissed at yet another unresponsive congress.

3 Likes

Catholics4Trump did quite a trimming job on Trump’s comments, shaving off that he said he saw thousands on television, which never happened or someone would have dug up the footage by now. The best they could do was an unconfirmed report of “a number of people” with nothing about if they were Muslim or just deplorable jerks.

3 Likes

Their response gives the report more credibility than it would have had otherwise.

7 Likes

But, your pure conscience!

I’m sure she’s tickled that Trump is making statements about appointing someone to “investigate” vaccines.

They can’t come up with the degree to which he “emulated” that man’s specific condition, Trumpeteers can say all they want but they’re still wrong.

The last time he reacted like this was about Trump U, which he was forced to pay out for.

1 Like

And if that doesn’t work, Putin can tell Asad to drive more Syrian refugees on the west for more distraction and destabilization.

4 Likes

That was about him? I thought he was finally being truthful about all those times he said President Obama was born in Kenya.