Trump 'revealed highly classified information' to Russians during White House visit after firing FBI's Comey

And he proceeded it with the Oath of Office.
But he will almost inevitably screw up massively. The problem is that all the people who fancy themselves the opposition are calling for impeachment for everything he does, including his scandalous consumption of two scoops of ice cream.
So when he finally commits an impeachable offense, nobody will take it seriously, because of the hundreds of previous frivolous charges of high crimes and misdemeanors.

I sure picked the wrong week to stop sticking a fibre-optic torch up my nostril!

5 Likes

I’d say you’re generous by about 17 to18 minutes.

6 Likes

[citation required]

Incidentally, the two-scoops thing is trivial in itself, but when viewed in the context of a pattern of behaviour, it serves as a metaphor which suggests something highly concerning in a leader. No?

Checklist of apparently acceptable presidential behaviour

16 Likes

Nonsense, no one seriously included the ice cream thing on the list of impeachable offenses. The anecdote about Trump serving himself two scoops of ice cream while giving everyone else one was just a tiny detail adding color to a story about the myriad tiny ways that Trump’s everyday behavior marks him as a selfish, hopelessly immature manbaby. Not a crime per se, just a microcosm of his life and Presidency rendered in frozen dessert.

20 Likes

There really is an ironically appropriate Fanta Menace tweet for every possible occasion.

18 Likes

I think it just seems like that because he entered office with clear ties to Russia that appear to be treasonable. It’s not that he should be impeached for every little thing he’s done since; it’s that he should have been impeached the moment he finished taking the oath of office. The Comey affair and this recent revelation are just further arguments for doing so. It’s adding up. Unfortunately his allies in Congress are more interested in hanging onto power than the in well-being of the country. Also unfortunately, a big segment of the American public would continue support him even if he ate babies for breakfast.

11 Likes
14 Likes

5 Likes

That was perhaps an exaggeration, except for maybe Maxine Waters.
I do expect there to be some unambiguous screw up. And he does seem to be that kind of person.

2 Likes

In your opinion has he not YET had some unambiguous screw up??

12 Likes

has no one else noticed the great lengths Russia has gone to to make Trump look less… orange?

It’s easily done in Photoshop with the Hue/Saturation adjustment, but why was this done? Did they want to make him look older by removing the yellow from his hair, or did the photographer not know how to adjust for color temperature? Mysrerious.

5 Likes

It doesn’t take a lot of effort to smear the President. He’s basically a walking smear.

7 Likes

Not really. But there is always tomorrow.

It probably went down like this:

“Ivan, vat are you doing? Trump looks orange. People aren’t orange. Fix it.”

“But Dmitry, this is how the RAW files look from camera.”

“Bah, Japanese Bourgeoisie crap. Obviously color is all screwy. Fix it. Make him look like real person.”

12 Likes

links? ( and not because i disbelieve you, only to learn more about it. )

1 Like

Uh, actually as anybody that has cared for fish can attest to… fish can drown.

#science
#waterchemistrymatters

13 Likes

And how Trump is trying to normalize his weird lavender eye shadow around his entire eye thing by making Spicy tart up in the same clown paint?

1 Like

But he draws the line at Dippin Dots.

3 Likes

I love how Hillary’s email server and egregious and repeated security violations are overlooked but rumors from some unnamed source of something that President Trump may or may not have done is pasted on the front page of the WaPo. If something like the article alleges did occur then the way to handle it is quietly and internally. The very release that some violation may have occurred may be considered just as damaging to security as what is alleged to have occurred. WaPo should be prosecuted if what they released is true and if it’s not true then WaPo should be prosecuted for fake news. If the President did do something then an internal investigation should be performed to determine whether it was accidental or purposeful.

Taken as it is, I can only think this is fake news trying to shed the image of fake news.