Trump said to Bob Woodward he intentionally downplayed coronavirus threat

That lying shitweasel is a word I can’t use here, and the biggest of its kind.

9 Likes

I’ll just re-use my tweet:

Reading this while seeing Oregon in flames is surreal.

16 Likes

Definitely not one worth grabbing, either.

10 Likes

Not a sarcastic question, but can’t “we the people” just sue him at this point? What a complete fucking weirdo selfish piece of shit and add that to everybody that works for him. They’re literally just watching everything while doing nothing like that dog in the burning house meme. Unbelievable :disappointed:

4 Likes

CURRENT SUSTAINING FANTASY:

Secret Service guys lackadaisically watching the disgraced former president and Oscar, the embezzler, fight over the last packet of tuna fish in the Otisville prison canteen.

“Five bucks on Oscar?”
“Nah, Donnie made a shiv out of a challenge coin.”

8 Likes

Thanks for making me reach for the hand sanitizer in fear :joy:

9 Likes

The sitting president is immune from any criminal or civil actions taking place while executing their duties. This has been upheld numerous times by the courts, and is part of why all the current lawsuits and legal actions against him have to set a scope of being separate from his duties as executive. (This is part of why the DOJ taking over his defense against E. Jean Carroll is so outrageous; they are literally arguing that his defamatory statements were a part of his official presidential duties.)

22 Likes

Not that he knows how to do that, either.

18 Likes
1 Like

I feel compelled to share my periodically updated coded language lesson…

45 ADJECTIVES

turgid, irresponsible,uninformed
hypocritical,vacuous, crass, tactless,
execrable, incompetent, fraudulent,
ghoulish, superficial, myopic, asinine,
inconsiderate, petulant, disingenuous,
lecherous, phony, pretentious, whiny,
duplicitous, narcissistic, maladroit,
evasive, vengeful, obsequious, inept,
deceitful, supercilious, xenophobic,
treacherous, repugnant, spiteful, rude,
unenlightened, malicious, fractious,
reckless, insincere, churlish, odious,
disloyal, sanctimonious, delusional

8 Likes

Once this bullshit is finally over, that’s one of the first legal mistakes we need to rectify.

20 Likes

This one, probably.

4 Likes

Yet you can throw a milkshake in any American city and have good chance of hitting someone who will “defend” President Trump. (defend meaning make excuses)

3 Likes

the opposite of lack of action. he and his family actively worked against state and national response efforts. including letting pompeo send part of our strategic ppe stockpile to china without bothering to replace it

more to the point though, his tone comes across as sheer bullshittery in that interview. to me it sounds like yes he knew, and no he didn’t care

the whole “didn’t want to make people panic” is just the typical trying to look smart trumpism that he spouts daily. generally, like now, completely owning himself in the process.

11 Likes

Also, of course, he didn’t give a shit how many people died. He micro(mis)manages the things he cares about.

8 Likes
21 Likes

His initial reaction, when action was desperately needed, was to ignore it. His follow-up response was to appoint people who took action but did the wrong things.

Yeah, basically.

4 Likes

This is one of those things I am kind of mixed on. On the one hand, fuck yes, the president should be accountable to the public for the job they do and if they are obviously committing crimes and Congress won’t act, The People should be able to. On the other hand, I just think of how much Obama would have spent wrapped up in frivolous lawsuits by the “silent majority” (ha!) for the crime of being Black.

11 Likes

Then it must be carefully coded into law that the POTUS is liable for his words and actions, not his superficial traits.

14 Likes

I have to say, I’m shocked by these revelations. Nothing in his character would even hint that he might act like this.

15 Likes