Trump said to Bob Woodward he intentionally downplayed coronavirus threat

This blue wave better fuckin materialize. I am giving money, time and a whole lotta myself to contribute to this election. What’s it gonna take to wake people the fuck up?!?!?

11 Likes

Wouldn’t make a difference. Remember what a huge deal the GOP made of his mostly-accurate “if you like your healthcare, you can keep it” statement? That alone would have led to many disingenuous lawsuits, and with all the Trump-appointed judges in federal courts there’s even a good chance that some lawsuits could be successful. I don’t think there are any easy answers on this question.

2 Likes

It’s actually a nomination from Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a politician from the far-right Norwegian Progress party. Fear not - he’s already popped up on Fox News to explain why Trump deserves the award. Far-right, Trump, Fox News - yep that’s all the boxes checked.

10 Likes

Nothing to stop a state prosecutor going after him though.

Oh hello New York.

6 Likes

Dude… frankly speaking, I don’t expect to see another POC in the position of POTUS in the remainder of my life time.

I just want to try to ensure that all of the “norms” which were never codified into laws become such, so that the flagrant abuses of power we are seeing never happen again, because no one ever thought the president would ever dare be so blatantly corrupt.

That’s all I’m saying.

I’m exhausted and I’m over having to defend damn near every opinion as if I’m presenting an official dissertation for peer review.

21 Likes

Putin’s lovin’ ALL of this.

1 Like

I get that there are a lot of people upset with Woodward, but in condemning him we’re also absolving others who knew better. There are a lot of doctors who were in the loop. They could have defied the WH.

There is A LOT of blame to share.

11 Likes

I’d settle for skipping the blame entirely and instead having a national strategy to get the virus under control.

15 Likes
11 Likes

That saying is used more then just Tennessee, I hear its a saying Outlaws, Bikers and criminals use. “Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice shame on you.” Cause the second time you are going to die or get messed up real bad.

When Bush Jr tried to spin it, he obviously mangled the saying but it would be funny to end his attempt with the beginning of The Who’s “Won’t get fooled again.”

1 Like

His concern over the consequences of agreeing with the scientists was indeed panic - in the stock market. He doesn’t give a **** about us

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s something I think a lot of people misunderstand—the law can be as specific and detailed as one wants, but if the institution tasked with enforcing that law does not want to do so or does it in bad faith, it makes no difference.

In any event, the problem is clearly not one of lacking specific laws which should constrain Trump’s behavior. He’s broken countless laws already on the books, to the collective shrug (If not cooperation) of the checks and balances in place.

6 Likes

I understand that unfortunate fact very well, thanks.

5 Likes
14 Likes

Nothing will. It’s a blind cult.

8 Likes

It’s been said before, but Trump and his shills are the real Death Panels.

Congratulations, Sarah Palin; you were right. Eventually.

6 Likes
15 Likes

Richard Nixon, wherever he is, as played by Loki:

5 Likes

My father worked directly with Woodward more than once (as a reporter and, later, a pressman) and hates his guts. Apparently he was notorious for stealing bylines (stealing credit for all the legwork for a story). I never met him, myself, but that was a common grumble among my dad’s cronies at the time.

Notably, my father insists Bernstein did all the real “Deep Throat” work that brought down Nixon.

9 Likes

Zombies aren’t known for staying home. They invade everywhere.