Trump says Bannon has "lost his mind"

Wheeeee!
Not only do we get to see the Republican party tear itself apart, we get to see Trumpism itself auto-cannibalize! Is Breitbart going to turn against Trump?! Fingers crossed!

Trump continues to distance himself from his own campaign…

IT’S ALL PROJECTION.

8 Likes

I don’t get it… please tell me he’s still a big boy… please…

His picks combined know more about bus chassis than transit system mechanics.

3 Likes

download

2 Likes

I don´t think the orange bastard is that cunning.

3 Likes

But he’s very GOOD at hiring BAD people.

13 Likes

This is like the picture of Stalin where his comrades become enemies of the state and are photoshopped out one at a time until it’s just Stalin. Bannon’s “accomplishments” will be reassigned to current darlings or Trump himself most likely and his importance will be shoved down the memory hole.

6 Likes

Men and women that Trump has (conveniently) forgotten.

9 Likes

The people who were lied to to outrageously and then quickly forgotten. Those people.

4 Likes
21 Likes

Looking on the bright side, at least we don’t have to watch much more auto-fellatio.

3 Likes

NYMag has an excerpt up.

Utterly captivating! I thought I was reading someone’s fanfic at first. (There’s a “How He Got the Story” blurb at the bottom.)

5 Likes

Who do you suppose the Nazis will support? :thinking:

It’s like their parents are going through a nasty divorce.

7 Likes

Talking about that, this is a lot like Adolf “breaking up” with Ernst Röhm. The motivations seem also similar: eliminating a possible rival, appeasing the business leaders and the generals, not needed the rabble anymore once he consolidated his power.

5 Likes

You know, I´ve been thinking about this.
This doesn´t not sit well with me. While this would be a very good explanation for all of his bullshit, I don´t really want him to have Alzheimers, dementia, insanity or whatever. Simply because it can and will be used by his lawyers as a literal “Get out of jail, free” card. No, I want him fit for trial, fit to face charges. I want to see the orange bastard rot in a tiny, shitty prison cell for the rest of his miserable life. I would die as a happy man if I knew that his decades of douchebaggery and the crimes against humanity and the planet itself he commited in his socalled presidency have had bitten him in his flabby old arse in the end.

7 Likes

Much as it makes for great fantasizing there is no chance he’s going to prison. Even if Pence wasn’t standing ready with a pardon upon his removal from office, even his greatest political rivals don’t want him to become a martyr.

12 Likes

I keep thinking about “The Producers.” The Trump campaign was their “Springtime for Hitler,” only it turned out there were a bunch of non-ironic Nazi fans among voters…

White racists. Seriously, that’s the code.

13 Likes

They’ll side with Bannon. He’s had a hold on and association with the alt right for a lot longer than Trump. There’s already been chatter/reporting of major alt right figures and online that Trump was their guy as a matter of convenience/affinity. Rather than any actual leadership hold he has. I’ve already seen some from that quarter expressing frustration that he’s just another politician or not fascisting hard enough.

Then there this:

A couple of reports have come out the past few years from experts or academic groups analyzing the far right as a terror risk. Mostly to be dismissed. But something that seems to getting pointed out by these reasearchers increasingly is that those movements grew massively under Obama. And have been fairly quite since Trump. In a way that mirrors their initial rise in the 80’s and 90’s (culminating in The Oklahoma City Bombing). Sort of a cyclical rise and fall in hard right terrorism. Both these douches and the more general alt-right (and there are connections between the two movements Ideologically if not directly) are more than likely to turn on Trump if they don’t get what they want. And its more than likely to be more violent than it already is. Bannon has built his career on leading these groups around by the nose. He, along with Alex Jones and some other far right media figures lead them to Trump not the other way around.

7 Likes

Thanks! This is a must read.

In early March, not long before she (deputy chief of staff, Katie Walsh) left, she confronted Kushner with a simple request. “Just give me the three things the president wants to focus on,” she demanded. “What are the three priorities of this White House?”

It was the most basic question imaginable — one that any qualified presidential candidate would have answered long before he took up residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Six weeks into Trump’s presidency, Kushner was wholly without an answer.

“Yes,” he said to Walsh. “We should probably have that conversation.”

6 Likes

The more often I see the “illness” speculations, the more uncomfortable I get with it. I’ve seen this before, with Bush, e.g., and everyone knows about Reagan (albeit Alzheimer’s got to him long after he had done all the damage). We’ve also seen a pope with Parkinson’s.

My argument against is has three points.

1. In neither of these cases an illness really explained what these and other men did, or said. I would argue they are still responsible.
  2. In neither of the cases, an assumed or real illness helped anyone to mitigate the results of the politics and policies implemented by those men. I would argue that also a proven illness wouldn’t make any of their actions until the proof, and probably beyond this, illegitimate.
  3. OTH, anyone who suffers themselves or who has family suffering from a disease which is potentially or actually affecting their mental capabilities, especially decision-making (not only, but also in the legal sense) is somewhat affected by the assumption that these men do and say what they do because of an illness.

I can easily see why the idea coming to mind so easily, and is so persuasive. I often ask myself how anyone in their right mind can do or say things I hear on the news.

But I must consider that they just see reality slightly different than I do, that they deal with it in a different way, etc., p.p.

Also, I still must consider that they might be operating on a very different set of ethics, or even logic. Which might translate to my ethics as wrong, or even inhuman; or illogical, respectively.

If you need convincing that this way of explaining malice might be just our own mental shortcut not to deal with inconvenient realities, consider this:
Now even the sitting president of the US of A suggests one former senior advisor “lost his mind”. Verbatim.

Pinging @OhhJim, @redesigned, and @wolfman_al2 for this.

Disclaimer: I have family and friends who are or were affected by Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Schizophrenia, clinical depression, bipolar disorders and other health issues affecting their ability to make decisions. Neither of them, to my knowledge, ever did anything as remotely insane as running for president, or wreaking havoc in any field of politics, or society. They didn’t even ever harm other people. (That is, other than emotionally - try living with an early-stage Alzheimer’s patient; so much pain…)

8 Likes