Trump says grieving dishwasher company asked him for help — "We're not allowed to use water"

Whirlpool make dishwashers in Ohio and probably do moan about regulations. A candidate for president shouldn’t be waffling on about it but it could be true.

2 Likes

They are an endlessly renewable resource, after all.

8 Likes

No … they have a clean water rinse at the end to get the soap off.

But it does a way better job with less water than handwashing.

ADDING: If you listen you can hear the various times water is flowing in.

2 Likes

I wondered if @danimagoo meant really modern dishwashers. My parents have a Bosch that’s 2-3 years old and if I listen real carefully – well it sounds like it might be doing something, but I couldn’t tell how many times the water ran in or out (could be once, could be septence*). And theirs doesn’t even have a dry cycle – I guess it just uses the heat from the steam, but the load also doesn’t come out as dry as an older model.

My GE D/W at home was installed (as far as I know) when the house was new (1995) and I don’t think it runs much differently than the one my family had in the 1970s (i.e. all electromechanical: it has one dial & a dry cycle on/off switch, no LEDs, probably no microprocessors etc.). Not sure whether hand-washing the dishes is any better or worse than that D/W, where water conservation is concerned… it (specifically its pump) has broken exactly once since we’ve lived there :crossed_fingers:, and I’ll keep telling myself that it’s better to use it until it wears out than to replace it with new resources.

*(I actually looked that up)

Edit for misplaced modifier

1 Like

I don’t think dishwasher manufacturers care a lot about the size or pressure of the water intake, considering they only need a few glasses of water per load

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.