Trump says his "authority is total"

“Beginning”? Dear Heart, you are far behind the times. We are in the MIDDLE of a dystopian novel. We were just able to paper over it for a while.

11 Likes

I seem to remember the old Republican Party going on and on about how totalitarianism was bad

14 Likes

Why do you think Cascadia would not viable?

Check this out

and

So now we have coordination between states within the West Coast Pact and within the Multi-State Council working against the persistent chaos of Florida Man.

18 Likes

Not sure where “Its like a microchip” came from. Are we talking CMOS or TTL here?

Does Trump know how chips work?

3 Likes

Whoa, at this point in the novel the protagonists are supposed to have resistance groups, codenames, and secret planning meetings. Let’s see…groups - check, codenames - check, meetings… Uh, oh. :worried:

Wait, they wouldn’t use Zoom, right? Gah - where is that :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: invite I deleted! I’ll bet there was a thermal exhaust port PowerPoint presentation, too. Hope it’s not too late to grab my go bag. :thinking:

Nah, jk. I’m not gonna run. Supporting the grassroots campaigns that brought success in the last general election should do the same in November. Hopefully, we can continue to counter whatever gets pulled from the opposition’s bag of dirty tricks, too.

7 Likes
14 Likes
3 Likes

Only other people’s totalitarianism.

18 Likes

God, i wish i could say that somebody needs to drag him out in the street and get rid of him, but i can’t. i just can’t…

1 Like

they are all complicit in this. McConnell’s decision to keep this freak in power has been costing American lives. fucken hell… obviously, i am not telling you anything you don’t already know. i am just venting.

8 Likes

giphy

9 Likes
3 Likes

Pacifica and the Yankee Union. Oh, it’s not hard to see where this could be going. And the moment one of them breaks off Zion (Utah, Southern Idaho, parts of Nevada) will become independent. It would suck to be a woman or LGBTQ or non-white or a “gentile” in Zion, but it would be nice to have them as an Eastern buffer State.

4 Likes

I really don’t. Not economically, not militarily, probably not politically. With California as part of Pacifica, yes. As part of Canada, yes, if Cascadia could convince Canada to assimilate it. But not by itself, especially with Trumpistan ready to grab it back and squeeze it for even more tax money.

3 Likes

Can’t imagine Canada wanting to pick any sort of fight over territory with the USA.

6 Likes

States banding together in the interest of common interest, commerce and defense? I like it!

This situation reminds me of an old Simpsons episode in which Homer becomes the leader of a powerful Secret Society. Eventually the other members get so sick of his terrible leadership that they all quit the order to create a brand new Secret Society with the same membership… sans Homer.

12 Likes

No Donalds?

2 Likes

I mean, if he wants to be a king, he should remember what happens to kings as hated as he is. Impeachment is a cakewalk.

17 Likes

the USA without California,Oregon,Washington,Massachusetts, New York, NJ, Connecticut… and a military dealing with reduced readiness … Just kidding, never the less very bizarre things happening south of the border. FEMA raiding California hospitals for PPE kind of pushed me into incomprehension. Crazy, mixed up world
RIP John Horton Conway

6 Likes