Trump says his "authority is total"

Bread in the Time of Coronavirus: a Fable

Once upon a time, in a farmyard weakened by years of graft, division, and neglect, the long shadow of famine appeared.

A loose, bi-coastal affiliation of chicken bakers known as the Henny Penny Collective saw that unless something was done, many in the yard would soon perish. The chicken-bakers assembled a plan and went into action. “Who will help us plant this wheat?” they asked.

“Not I,” said Trumpy Nutkin, the orange squirrel. “I am headed over to the milking barn to grab some Cows. When you’re famous like me, they just let you do it.”

“Not I,” bleated Pious Pence, the bland-as-milk sheep. “But I will keep you in my thoughts, let that be a comfort to you.”

“Not I,” whispered Dunning-Kruger Kushner the thoroughly unimpressive rat, “but I’ll talk to my good friend MBS about it. Maybe he can help with a no-interest loan. He can cut right to the heart of a problem.”

So the Henny Penny Collective planted the wheat themselves. Soon the wheat was grown. “Who will help us harvest the wheat and mill it into flour?” asked the Henny Penny Collective.

“Not I,” said Trumpy Nutkin, ogling his daughter-wife Melanka. “If less than 200,000 of you die, I’ll have done an A+ job. Also, I tee off in twenty minutes.”

“Not I,” bleated Pious Pence, “but I will pray for you, never fear.”

“Not I,” farted Dunning-Kruger Kushner, “but I may confiscate your flour and redistribute it to some of my fraternity brothers.”

So the Henny Penny Collective brought in the wheat and milled it themselves. Then it was time to make the dough. “Who will help us mix and knead this dough?” asked the chicken-bakers.

“Not I,” sulked Trumpy Nutkin, fondling an out-of-date printout of the Dow Jones Index. “I think it’s a very nasty question.”

“Not I,” bleated Pious Pence, “But thoughts and prayers. Thoughts and prayers.”

“Not I,” coughed Dunning-Kruger Kushner, “And stop looking at our yeast stockpile. That’s ours; it’s not for you.”

So the Henny Penny collective made sourdough. They mixed and kneaded and kneaded and mixed through the night. In the morning, the farmyard was filled with the rich, warm smell of freshly baked bread. “Who will help us eat this bread?” shouted the tired chicken-bakers of the collective.

“I will,” drooled Trumpy Nutkin, “Its my absolute right to do so.”

“I will,” bleated Pious Pence, “Like Jesus at the Last Supper!”

“I will,” wheezed Dunning Kruger Kushner, “That smells much better than this paste I’ve been eating.”

“Go fuck yourselves,” said the Henny Penny Collective. “You venal, lazy bastards will get nothing from us.”

From nearby came the sound of wood on wood and metal on stone. The chickens cocked their heads. “We chickens know that sound all too well. Those are scaffolds being assembled and axes being sharpened.”

“Oh, woe is me!” cried Nutkin, Pence, and Kushner. “Who will help us?”

But there was no answer. The Henny Penny Collective had left them to their fate.

21 Likes

10 Likes

I am thinking “Master and God” by Lindsay Davis.

What he is doing to the USA’s reputation will be long-lasting. This, America, is what the world thinks of you now. Interesting piece about the longer term effects of his tenure, diplomatically.

13 Likes

From the viewpoint of a Canadian, would we want all the problems, the racism (we have enough as it is, thank you) and frankly bat***- crazy right-wingers trying to carry guns? We have more than enough problems as it is.

Early diplomatic recognition of Pacifica perhaps and even discrete support if Washington remains as mad as it is now. Union with the Western states, unlikely.

6 Likes
21 Likes

Panem, anyone? Who’da thunk.

2 Likes

Montival

6 Likes

Except for the fact that he will never exert authority in a way which requires taking responsibility for actions. The guy hates the obligations of leadership.

6 Likes

Why do we even have Governors, then?

1 Like

Alberta already trademarked that one

2 Likes

This Florida Man wants no part of any mainland shenanigans (especially anything whatsoever to do with any f*cking “Dixie” bullshite!)
The Archipelago Nation of the Conch Republic: We did before…

Conch Republic Secession
ETA:

8 Likes

We’re long past the point where impeachment was appropriate. We need some courageous, patriotic Secret Service agents to throw Mass Murderer Trump to the floor, slap on the handcuffs, and drag him to the nearest military transport that can fly him to a cell in Guantanamo. Sure, it’s illegal, but then the Traitor In Chief himself has already demonstrated that Rule of Law is dead in the U.S.

The current coronavirus death toll in the U.S. stands at 23,000. Each of these deaths can be traced directly to Trump’s willful incompetence as president. Depose him now, or he will continue killing Americans – if not you, then someone you care about.

6 Likes

image image

8 Likes

Pretty sure he just declared himself a dictator here.

We need several amendments to the Constitution to deal with someone like this ever coming to power again.

Specifically an amendment directly stating what totalitarianism looks like and allowing for immediate arrest of the president regardless of judicial precedent to throw him in jail with a life sentence if he even utters something like this

Also amendments to the emoluments amendment that explicitly defines everything he is doing as illegal and as a jailable offense

All of this is not only possible, in reality, but doable.

It’s time for some serious explicit edits to the Constitution everyone.

14 Likes

All the likes!!!

4 Likes

What is D.R.A.?

3 Likes

Democratic republic of America maybe?

5 Likes

Jesus Christ, what a tool.

3 Likes

I think this is a map from Ghost in the Shell, and in that case this territory is the Russo-American Alliance. But I am at a loss what this abbreviation means, my best guess from the article is Democratic Russo-America.

2 Likes