Trump says NBA has become 'like a political organization'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/27/trump-says-nba-has-become-li.html

7 Likes

Windbag says what?

34 Likes

Conservatives: “Why can’t they protest peacefully???

Also Conservatives: “NO NOT LIKE THAT”

46 Likes

It’s spelled NRA, you idiot

23 Likes

“Nobody outside of the Beltway cares.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/fivepoints/white-house-hatch-act-rnc

14 Likes

Just to support you:

43 Likes

I know their ratings have been very bad.

The worst insult he can imagine.

31 Likes

well if you swapped everyone the trump administration for nba players the results would probably be positive for goverment but not so much for basketball.

10 Likes

F 45. A lot of these amazing B-ballers have been aspiring for this for years. Yeah, they don’t have the same melatonin content as you. And if I had a pick up choice, you know god-damn well I’d pick 44 over your sloth ass.

2 Likes

Somebody twitted this ad that is apparently being shown on some newspapers.
Can anyone confirm? If yes, I’d like to hear about the reaction on trumpers faces!

18 Likes

Yet again, Trump badmouths another American business rather than promote it.

11 Likes

And OFC the lies are amazing. First NBA ratings have been fantastic as they returned to play. Additionally they have been praised for being the most successful league who have really done a great job dealing with the COVID restrictions.

An asshole who is also completely incompetent.

9 Likes

You can tell it’s not a political organization because when a team constantly loses the person in charge gets fired.

18 Likes

God how I can’t wait to not know or care about the dementia ramblings of this moron.

12 Likes

Imagine, just imagine, one day–hell, let’s get crazy: imagine SEVERAL days where there is no untoward political drama in the news cycle. The government just operates normally: no one gets insulted, politicians sit in committee for 3-4 days a week hammering out legislation based on compromise, no crises magically appear…sigh…

11 Likes

Everyone knows the best way to protest is to 1) make a video of yourself destroying things you own that are made by the corporations you say you dislike, 2) publish said video, then 3) go buy more of those things. That’ll show 'em.

8 Likes

well if you swapped everyone the trump administration for nba players the results would probably be positive for goverment but not so much for basketball.

Isn’t that just the Washington Generals?

1 Like

Well, at least they pay taxes, unlike churches. I think that gives them a little say-so…

5 Likes

Some conservative media outlet was attacking protesters, post-George Floyd, asking why they couldn’t protest like Colin Kaepernick. Someone immediately dug up their articles about Kaepernick, which were along the lines of, “Kaepernick should just give up his useless protests”… which rather gave the game away. “Only do the protests we can ignore, but also don’t bother doing those…”

15 Likes

For a man concerned about other’s ratings, he seems oblivious to his own.

5 Likes