Trump "seriously considering a pardon" for convicted racial profiler Joe Arpaio

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/08/15/trump-seriously-considering.html

2 Likes

People are waiting to see him refute what he said about nazis.
Why wait I say?

4 Likes

Fer fuck’s sake, Donald…

5 Likes

Just when it seems that the racism seething inside Trump couldn’t get any more obvious…

I guess because he’s our Official Leader, a lot of people just refuse to see it.

7 Likes

I guess for Trump, “racism” and “patriotism” look a lot alike.

10 Likes

The pivot is as forthcoming as Duke Nukem Forever.

2 Likes

In a way, yes, clearly.

Just as for a lot of people, “all-American” means “white.”

10 Likes

ThisIsOnlyATest

3 Likes

And by that you mean, it took 13 years and ultimately was unsatisfying?

1 Like

Replace “13 years” with “never” and “ultimately unsatisfying” with “the whole process was like being punched in the dick for eternity.”

So basically the same.

2 Likes

2 Likes

(FYI-- parody twitter account. I know it’s hard to tell sometimes, particularly with Trump.)

10 Likes

Alt-Right applaud tRump, again.

1 Like

One of my email addresses gets regular spam from an outfit called Paramount Communications, which seems to be a ‘conservative-friendly’ bulkmail business. Since late 2016, I’ve been getting semi-regular spam in the name of a constellation of Republican figures. All the spam has the same format: “Things are getting desperate, the Lib’ruls are winning, send your money now to [Republican politician]”.

The newest one is from something claiming to be a ‘legal defense fund for Joe Arpaio’. I haven’t figured out yet whether these are really associated with the people they claim to represent, or if it’s all just a clever scam, but it does bring a smile to my face every time I get an email message with the subject “Sheriff Joe found GUILTY”.

5 Likes

Paraphrasing Nigel Tufnel:

It’s like, how much more racist could he be? and the answer is none. None more racist.

12 Likes

I don’t even know how much of this is coming from the hatred inside Trump’s heart. Maybe he’s personally just indifferent to racism.

The one thing I’m pretty sure of is that Trump’s entire sense of self-worth centers around how much adoration he gets from OTHER people, and the one group that has stood by him through thick and thin is the far-right racists. As long as that continues he’s going to be loathe to do anything to alienate them, even if it doesn’t make for political strategy in the long term.

12 Likes

Is it OK for one criminal to pardon another?

5 Likes

Damn shame that every single voter that still supports Trump would agree with a pardon.

3 Likes

Is it OK for one criminal to pardon another?

Not morally. But then, when it comes to politricks,
morality is just a thin layer of pancake makeup.

2 Likes

There is no more disgusting personality trait than "I don’t follow the rules of others but you had better follow my rules "

8 Likes