10 things you can do to help the immigrant children and families in Trump's Camps. 👇

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/20/abolish-ice.html

…

16 Likes

Thank you, Xeni.

12 Likes
9 Likes

Thanks Xeni, we need some light in this shitty storm.

11 Likes

I think the government is trying to foment revolution.

2 Likes
6 Likes

I live 8 miles from the border between San Diego and Tijuana, on the TJ side, and have a fairly solid internet connection. If anyone knows immigrants who are trying to connect with family members, they are welcome to use my connection to place phone calls over the internet to avoid charges using their own phone service or over Google Hangouts (which shows up as unregistered).

I know it’s not much, but I’ve been in places where I could not place calls, and I know how harrowing it can be to feel completely disconnected from family in times of need.

37 Likes

just to note that there has been some legal analysis of the “executive order” and some experts believe it doesn’t actually change anything because of careful phrasing inserted like “legally available”

family detention is not “legally available”,.it was ruled illegal (which is why Obama did the release part of “catch and release”)

so this isn’t over at all, it was just show and tell for the cameras to get to the July 4th week so everyone goes away distracted

14 Likes

remember all the cronyism, boondoggles and abuses during the Iraq War?

this is trump’s iraq war

and just imagine if trump-cult congress gives him that $25 Billion, it will be raining cash for his buddies for years

he could very well use this for re-election just like Bush did for the iraq war

2 Likes

Yeah… some experts;

This executive order is a fraud. No surprise, really.

11 Likes

Smoke and mirrors, pull back the curtain and see the racist, all powerful, orange OZ!

6 Likes

See this thread:

https://twitter.com/ddddarby/status/1009544035181051904?s=21

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s a farce. It doesn’t even address the issue of the currently separated children, presumably because they fully well know more will join them. (I’m now wondering, though, if Trump blaming the Democrats for “the law” that he kept blaming for the situation was the one the prevents indefinite detention of families. In other words, what he was really saying was, “Well, we’d love to indefinitely detain these all families together, but we can’t!” Not that that was true either…)
Hell, they didn’t even bother to spell “separation” correctly, that’s how much care was not put into it.

6 Likes

Hey… at least those Nazis that won the Republican primary haven’t been elected yet right?

Just saying it can always get worse…

4 Likes

More smoke and mirrors being “reported” by journalists who aren’t doing their jobs. His executive order is only valid for twenty days. After that you can bet your britches that they’ll be back at it.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve also been hearing talk that Trump’s order is really just another tactic to continue the same policy-- the courts will strike it down because it’s technically illegal, and then Trump can blame “the judges” for “forcing him to detain children.”

1 Like

11tTNkNy1SdXGg

1 Like

They’re about to succeed as far as I’m concerned.

I learned a spelling trick back in grade school: There is a rat in sep-a-rat-e. Maybe they misspelled it on purpose?

1 Like

A half dozen governors have pulled their National Guard troops from the border, or cancelled plans to send troops to help Trump on the border patrol. Find out if your state is reinforcing the madness, and work to get your folks out of there.