Trump storms out of 60 Minutes interview, complains on Twitter about host

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/21/trump-storms-out-of-60-minutes-interview-complains-on-twitter-about-host.html

10 Likes

Trump’s mentality summed up in less than 18 seconds

23 Likes

For those who want to talk about this being an expression of Donald’s inner child, I’d remind them that the child has been out and throwing tantrums like this in public for decades.

51 Likes

“Hey guys, 60 Minutes wants to interview me. It’s going to be so easy!”
-said by nobody with a brain in their head.

37 Likes

45 lasting a whole 45 is kind of impressive in its own way. I wonder if they used a format where he couldn’t talk over Leslie Stahl?

21 Likes

I don’t believe for one microsecond that this wasn’t planned from the instant this interview was agreed upon.

17 Likes

I’m guessing that someone asked him a question and then pointed out that he hadn’t answered it – and it was a woman.

39 Likes

I am so much going to enjoy the impending meltdown on November 4.

35 Likes

If Lesley Stahl can break him in 45 minutes, imagine how crushed he has become after spending hours alone with trained KGB agent Putin. We’ve got to look so weak to the rest of the world.

23 Likes

Here’s why I don’t think that’s necessarily true–Trump is hemorrhaging support among older voters. Getting into a pissing match with a staid, boomer & older staple like 60 Minutes doesn’t do him a lick of good.

22 Likes

And, despite what everyone on the planet sees to the contrary, he believes that he is the number one super-duper debater negotiator guy, like ever.

27 Likes

“They’re basically like ‘Access Hollywood‘ for politicians, right?”

21 Likes

Guessing, but feel almost positive she refused to jump for his attempts to redirect to the Hunter bullshit story and kept insisting he answer her questions. Nothing Rumpled Dimtwit hates more than not being able to riff off his cherished views.

19 Likes

If this was some premeditated tactical move, it’s still stupid. The smart play would be to not do the interview at all. He had nothing to gain from putting himself on the spot. However I wager his ego thinks he’s smarter than Stahl and he thought he could outmaneuver one of the best interviewers in the history of investigative journalism.

36 Likes

I’m not convinced Trump is even capable of “premeditated tactical moves.” All his actions are dictated by his underlying personality traits and the whim of the moment.

When was the last time Trump did something that seemed inexplicable at the time but brilliant in retrospect once his long-term objective was revealed? He’s not exactly Sun Tzu.

39 Likes

Why would he release the vid in advance of the 60 minutes airing on Sunday?

I suspect it has nothing to do with politics. I suspect he thinks that if he runs it first, he would have bigger, more tremendous, turning the corner, lock them up, bang up ratings than those enemies of the people at CBS.

Of course, it could be worse. It could’ve been CNN and their crew of “dumb bastards.”

This is Trump. If it’s not about unbridled power, it’s about self aggrandizement.

4 Likes

maybe because the WH version wont have the reaction shots of stahl’s eyes bugging out of her head at his responses

7 Likes

Him complaining about Leslie not wearing a mask is beyond ridiculous considering he’s the leader of the movement of maskless braindead followers, and that he infected most of his cabinet because he didn’t wear a mask in the rose garden, and subsequently toured the country at rallies STILL CONTAGIOUS with NO MASK, and…

The list goes on, and this is just the last month! Imbecilic orange man child!

20 Likes

It certainly seems to be the case that his narcissism, ignorance, ego, and other toxic personality traits just happen to line up into something that is a viable Republican campaigning strategy. Maybe Republicans should ask themselves why that is.

14 Likes

The anti-mask crowd sees them as useless. In their minds, the Left uses them for virtue signaling. Therefore, Stahl not wearing a mask while in a public setting but out of public view confirms the hypocrisy to them.

9 Likes