Trump storms out of 60 Minutes interview, complains on Twitter about host

“Listen,” he continued, “when you have a 60 Minutes reporter, they should be a reporter not an opinion journalist. And she came across more like an opinion journalist.” -M. Meadows

It’s all about publicity and distraction first, and about discrediting Stahl and 60 Min

Trump openly admitted to her and her boss off-camera in 2016 that he continuously bashes the press to “ discredit you all and demean you all so when you write negative stories about me no one will believe you.”

He’s trying to kill the messenger.

21 Likes

How would he release it? Did the WH actually concurrently film the interview? Were they given copies of the raw unedited footage? I don’t get it.

5 Likes

I just hope plenty of precautions were taken to protect Leslie Stahl. She’s a national treasure, and the thought of her sitting across from Captain Covid for an hour with no masks is scary.

9 Likes

Even Nathan Thurm hung in there for the whole interview.

4 Likes

Why was an interview for sunday tabled on a Tuesday? As we have seen over and over again, a lot can change in a few days.

1 Like

No no no, you want gloating lube. To facilitate the process, you see.

5 Likes

This takes me back to an old SNL sketch:

16 Likes

Planning is not his strong suit. (What is, really?) But for Trump planning is basically wishful thinking, and when things don’t go as well as he was hoping for, he just throws a tantrum. He’s not playing 7 dimensional chess, he isn’t even capable of checkers, he just kicks the board over and tells people he won.

15 Likes

I surprised he could make 45 minutes.

Don’t they know he needs a nap & Graham Crackers after a half hour?

10 Likes

Go big or go home? Trump’s ego went home.

2 Likes

The White House had their own crew videoing simultaneously.

3 Likes

This is based on hearsay from Noel Casler, who was a ‘handler’ on the set of The Apprentice,’ and who tweets horrific stories about him and seems to never get sued: he alleges that [current occupant of the White House] routinely shits himself when angered, and is almost always angered by women.

Once I’d read this, I began to notice a pattern of him walking out of pressers, etc., rather abruptly when challenged by women reporters in any way.

20 Likes

Shits himself when angry?

Seems as plausible as anything else we’ve heard about that horrid excuse for a human being.

18 Likes

I dunno… I have to imagine these things are false. But… I admit imagining hearing Lesley Stahl asking him if he just defecated in his pants after she worked him up makes me smile.

9 Likes

“I’llallowit.gif”

4 Likes

In light of recent events, I’m guessing it was a premedicated tactical move. (Which is how I, hypocaffeinated today, read your post.)

2 Likes

Some background: https://gregolear.substack.com/p/special-logistics-a-second-interview

3 Likes

it’s still stupid

Is right on brand for Trumpy.

2 Likes

“No I didn’t!”

(EDIT: @ PsiPhiGrrrl beat me to it. That was one of the funniest skits on, IMHO, the very
best season of SNL.)

I’ve heard various explanations for his stance, e.g. it’s the weight of the bulletproof vest he has to wear, but based on what you’ve said he may just be clenching one in.

13 Likes

Q: How does Trump compensate for his lack of knowledge, planning and general competence?
A: Volume.

11 Likes