Trump supporter can't decide who the current president is

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/29/trump-supporter-cant-decide-who-the-current-president-is.html

5 Likes

This reminds me of the famous Yes Minister scene about which who runs the country according to different news media audiences.

To update:

The New York Times is for people who think they ought to control the president
Wall Street Journal is for the people who actually do
Fox News is for people who think the president ought to be Trump again
Newsmax is for people who think he still is
Breitbart is for people who think they ought to be the president
And OANN is read by people who think they are the president

29 Likes

I just love this entire middle-aged generation of empty headed animal food trough wipers :rofl:

9 Likes

That’s just what THEY want you to think!

(where’s my tin foil hat emoji?)

2 Likes

And yet they all can vote. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

24 Likes

Obviously, Obama works rules from his secret lair, no need for a desk at the White House.

6 Likes

She doesn’t deserve it, but I felt strong second hand pity for that woman as the interviewer very subtly poked the smallest holes in her beliefs and she could see they made no sense.

8 Likes

They’re a cult waiting for orders from the God-Emperor to either kill their neighbors or chugalug the cyanide.

5 Likes

if you are too dumb to give a polite ‘no thank you’ when someone comes walking up with a camera and microphone, you deserve everything you get.

8 Likes

To be fair, I’m just as confused as she is.

7 Likes

And drive, raise children, and own weapons. (Please note: I do not advocate taking any of these rights away from them, I just want them to approach any of these things with more active thought processes than those that were on display here.)

5 Likes

I can’t tell if she’s asserting that Trump won the presidential race is therefore the rightful president (but is kept from assuming that role by Bi- er, Obama), or if she’s asserting, like some MAGAts, that he is president, and Biden is also the (public) president (for a double secret presidency of Trump and Obama). Which is basically some God/Demiurge shit - they think there’s a “good president” and a “bad president,” each responsible for the good/bad things going on the country, respectively, via mysterious mechanisms they couldn’t even begin to explain.

The open-mouthed goggling that was the only thing she was capable of when he asked that final question doesn’t really clarify her position - either she’s confused because she wasn’t intending to assert that Trump was actually president and doesn’t understand the question, she’s confused because he forced her to confront the contradictions in her worldview, or a third possibility - she hadn’t ever thought about what she was saying, at all. For her, they were just unconnected statements: Trump is president; Biden is president but Obama is secretly president (and responsible for all the bad things), but no attempt was made to connect them into any sort of coherent worldview. It’s the sort of thing Trump does, which makes me wonder how many of his followers do the same thing.

2 Likes

idiot

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.